Intel Xeon W9-3495X Sets World Record, Dethrones AMD Threadripper

erek

[H]F Junkie
Thoughts on this are negligible

"The overclocker OGS from Greece managed to push all 56 cores and 112 threads of the CPU to 5.4 GHz clock frequency using liquid nitrogen (LN2) cooling setup. Using ASUS Pro WS W790E-SAGE SE motherboard and G-SKILL Zeta R5 RAM kit, the OC record was set on March 8th.

The previous record holder of this position was AMD with its Threadripper Pro 5995WX with 64 cores and 128 threads clocked at 5.4 GHz. Not only did Xeon W9-3495X set the Cinebench R23 record, but the SKU also placed the newest record for Cinebench R20, Y-Cruncher, 3DMark CPU test, and Geekbench 3 as well."

CdnJ5HUN1ypNqNJW.jpg

Source: https://www.techpowerup.com/305740/intel-xeon-w9-3495x-sets-world-record-dethrones-amd-threadripper

Well not exactly practical for any usage, but it shows that Intel's new fab processes are on point because otherwise, stuff like this wouldn't be possible. So yay for the CPU flex test?

Well not exactly practical for any usage, but it shows that Intel's new fab processes are on point because otherwise, stuff like this wouldn't be possible. So yay for the CPU flex test?
or they just got a lucky golden bin ?

or they just got a lucky golden bin ?
Even if that is the golden bin the rest of the silicon wouldn't be far behind, Intel may have had some processing woes but consistency hasn't generally been that much of a problem.

Impressive in a way but that Threadripper pro is still on zen 3 and I assume Epyc 96 core system cost too much for people to mess with them like that or do not overclock well to have the record.

But because it is against AMD older stuff, it need to beat the record with some margin and the article does not even tell us what it was it seem

Ok
3945x @5400.0 record: 132,484
[email protected] record: 121,215
3990x @5225.9 record: 105,170

Ok that a nice margin.

What about the power required
That is actually the most impressive part, the fact the silicon can actually handle that current and not vaporize, I don't care what temperature you cool it to that much juice through something that small should just turn instantly to smoke, the fact it didn't astounds me.

That is actually the most impressive part, the fact the silicon can actually handle that current and not vaporize, I don't care what temperature you cool it to that much juice through something that small should just turn instantly to smoke, the fact it didn't astounds me.

How about this then?

Back