Intel winter deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
you done goofed up bad. That means you got banned for creating multiple accounts. Don't matter if you got permission straight from the employees themselves. Did you use the same password on all the accounts?
Negative BETA..Two accounts are from BESTBUY employees (my cousin and his install partner) and the third account is actually my beat friend's wife who is a store manager for Walmart. .

My cousin setup the two BB aaccounts today St work from B'S corporate network. .I setup the account for my friend's wife today from their home. It says the exact same thing when attempting to log in. She received an email saying welcome to the program and it had a direct link to the login page, but it gives the same error.
 
Finally. In for a 4930k.

I'm probably going to sell it as I don't have the funds to put together a new rig right now.



Let me ask this since I haven't been keeping up on processors. Am I going to get a better performing processor for anywhere near the $225 price of the 4930 any time in the foreseeable future? Let's be serious, my 2600k is still doing just fine all this time later and is still $300+. So the answer is probably not even close, right? If not, maybe I'll just hold onto it and buy parts a few at a time.

If you aare tight on money, I would sell your 2600K/MB/Ram as a combo or take a trade for a decent X79 MB..Pick up some ram and you will be good to go..If you work your points up to the Rockstar Legend then you should be able to pick up the CPU and 8GB of ram for under $225 if you find a deal..Then add another 8GB kit down the road so you have 16GB of quad channel ram..The 4930K will work just fine in dual channel mode, just as the X58 boards did instead of triple channel.
 
Finally. In for a 4930k.

I'm probably going to sell it as I don't have the funds to put together a new rig right now.

Let me ask this since I haven't been keeping up on processors. Am I going to get a better performing processor for anywhere near the $225 price of the 4930 any time in the foreseeable future? Let's be serious, my 2600k is still doing just fine all this time later and is still $300+. So the answer is probably not even close, right? If not, maybe I'll just hold onto it and buy parts a few at a time.

In your situation I would just sell it and use the funds toward a new video card or something. The 4930k is a great chip and all but it's on a outdated platform and the average user won't get any usage out of the extra cores.

As for holding onto it, there's really no point since the intel deal happens twice a year, just buy the next chip they have for sell.
 
I'm thinking along my roommates girlfriend to do this for me since she works at Walmart, but what exactly does the person have to do? Don't really want to ask her if it's too much aggravation.
 
Yea, you're probably right. It should be easy to get ~$400 for it, right?
 
Keep in mind resale prices tank because people flood forums with chips for sale. I got my I7 970 through this deal and and remember seeing prices drop like $200.
 
Keep in mind resale prices tank because people flood forums with chips for sale. I got my I7 970 through this deal and and remember seeing prices drop like $200.

That's true. I suppose I'll let mine go cheap to move it.

$355 if anyone wants my 4930k when its delivered. PM me and I'll message you back when I get it. If multiple people want it Ill just make a list and go through it top to bottom when it arrives until someone takes it.
 
Negative BETA..Two accounts are from BESTBUY employees (my cousin and his install partner) and the third account is actually my beat friend's wife who is a store manager for Walmart. .

My cousin setup the two BB aaccounts today St work from B'S corporate network. .I setup the account for my friend's wife today from their home. It says the exact same thing when attempting to log in. She received an email saying welcome to the program and it had a direct link to the login page, but it gives the same error.

Very odd, that should not create any red flag for grounds for ban. The accounts do not share the same password, and weren't created on the same IP, aside from the two that were done straight from work. There shouldn't be any red flags at all. How about mailing addresses? Are they all the same? Maybe I jumped the gun, but usually messages like that are a result due to a red flag in their system.

I am assuming you contacted support, they should get back to you soon. Keep us updated.
 
There is already some showing up on e-bay lol With the spec's copied right off the intel retail site lol.. Oh and I'm up for buying one at a good price :D
 
Very odd, that should not create any red flag for grounds for ban. The accounts do not share the same password, and weren't created on the same IP, aside from the two that were done straight from work. There shouldn't be any red flags at all. How about mailing addresses? Are they all the same? Maybe I jumped the gun, but usually messages like that are a result due to a red flag in their system.

I am assuming you contacted support, they should get back to you soon. Keep us updated.

Both BB accounts went live today, I almost finished getting the points needed for the first one..I need to earn another 2K to get that one straight..

The WM account is still saying the same error when trying to log in..I don't think I am going to bother messing with getting it fixed. It seems like it takes forever to get the points needed for Rockstar anyway lol..

Also, does anyone know if it matters which name is on the CC you use to purchase the deal? For example, can my cousin just use my CC since it is coming to me or does he have to use one with his name on it?
 
Last edited:
I use a different CC name/ship to than the name on the account, enough said
 
It does not matter for the shipping/billing address or even the CC.
 
Purchased the 4770K. Should be a good upgrade. :D
 
That's true. I suppose I'll let mine go cheap to move it.

$355 if anyone wants my 4930k when its delivered. PM me and I'll message you back when I get it. If multiple people want it Ill just make a list and go through it top to bottom when it arrives until someone takes it.

Whoever says retail prices tank is pretty much a false statement at best. I sold my 3930k last time on ebay for 500+ and I ended up getting 440 for myself out of it. I would sell it here for 400, I did have a offer for 3930k here in the forums around that price and I am pretty sure of that.

its the latest gen intel processor and 6 core on top of that and retails for 540 not including taxes at best. I think it is atleast worth 400.

Unless you are feeling nice, I understand lol.
 
Last edited:
There is already some showing up on e-bay lol With the spec's copied right off the intel retail site lol.. Oh and I'm up for buying one at a good price :D

That is too bad because I am betting Intel will eventually stop these deals due to this reselling.
 
They won't stop the deals because of reselling, it's something they offer to keep people pushing their products. Yes there are some people who game the system and buy the information from people so they can have an account but otherwise if they even sell 1% more because of this, it's making them money.

My guess is they are still making money off of these chips too, retail includes the cost of R&D.
 
It's against the TOS to resale, but in the end they can't stop it, First sale doctrine and all. They won't stop the promotions because it helps them entice retail works to sell intel products. If all they ever offered was hats and shirts no one would bother with Retail Edge.
 
My 4770K is on its way :)

It will be an awesome step up from my AMD 955BE

You got a shipping confirmation?

I bought mine literally <30 seconds after going live and have yet to get anything but order confirmation

Anyone interested in a used (Never OC'd) 4670k?
 
You got a shipping confirmation?

I bought mine literally <30 seconds after going live and have yet to get anything but order confirmation

Anyone interested in a used (Never OC'd) 4670k?

Shipping confirmation can take a while...(last year's winter deal was a week from my purchase. summer deal was two weeks from my purchase.)
 
Shipping confirmation can take a while...(last year's winter deal was a week from my purchase. summer deal was two weeks from my purchase.)

And last year's summer deal it was pretty much on my doorstep before I received any update information. This stuff piles on top of itself in the beginning. It was a pleasant surprise.
 
they're pretty slow with the shipping info. last time I got the email after the package got here. You guys can look up if it shipped yet by going to fedex.com. Track by reference number (which is your order #), fill in the country and zip, you can leave the rest of the info like ship date and account number blank. If its not found then it means that it hasn't shipped yet.
 
I ordered both the 4770K and the 4930K. Two accounts my gf and my own. Don't know which to keep but thinking of keeping the 4770k due the z87.
 
I ordered both the 4770K and the 4930K. Two accounts my gf and my own. Don't know which to keep but thinking of keeping the 4770k due the z87.

I would sell the 4930K...It appears they are sold out already! I just logged into a friend's account I am doing the points for and the 4770K is still showing live but the 4930K is sold out as of this posting! I was going to order a second one tonight for me too (first is my cousin's to decide what he is going to do with it):(..
 
Still rocking my i7 960 I got many years ago when I was a retail edge member. CPUs have not progressed that much in the past 3 years. (I think it was 3).
 
I got 2 4930k's comin, what motherboard are you guys going with? I saw some refurbished EVGA x79's on newegg that were pretty cheap actually.
 
The words EVGA and refurbished are a scary combination my friend..

Most of the EVGA x79 refurbs are from people upgrading to the EVGA Dark mobo, If you can get a refurb cheap, just update it to the new UEFI bios and its Awesome!
 
if someone wants one PM me, please don't low ball me and no I am not expecting retail price but I am not here to do any favors either lol. Or I shall go ebay route. 4930K!
 
Last edited:
Most of the EVGA x79 refurbs are from people upgrading to the EVGA Dark mobo, If you can get a refurb cheap, just update it to the new UEFI bios and its Awesome!

Good point, I forgot about their trade up program..I suppose if it were coming from EVGA directly, it would be worth giving it a try..I just know the [H]ard Crew and EVGA have some bad blood when it comes to reviews, hence the lack of EVGA sending them samples..:eek:
 
If anyone is after the 4770k hit me up via PM. I can buy one but don't plan on using it. I am sure we can work something out.
 
does anyone know if the sold out chips have ever came back in stock during the promotion in the past? 4930K is sold out right now
 
does anyone know if the sold out chips have ever came back in stock during the promotion in the past? 4930K is sold out right now

Not that I have ever seen. From what I have heard, they have a preset number set aside/available for this promotion. Once they are gone, they are gone.
 
Not that I have ever seen. From what I have heard, they have a preset number set aside/available for this promotion. Once they are gone, they are gone.

does anyone know if the sold out chips have ever came back in stock during the promotion in the past? 4930K is sold out right now

Some folks over at overclock.net have inquired with Intel regarding 4930K restocking possibilities. Intel has confirmed that it is sold out and will not be restocked.

Post # 229

http://www.overclock.net/t/1444488/...7-4930k-starting-159-ship-live-december-4/220
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top