Intel winter deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon has 530 Reseller kit 240GB @ 169.99 $0.708 per GB
Intel's 3rd deal is $0.75 per GB

You also have to be a Rockstar/legend, seems very out of place.

Missed out on the Microcenter deal as there were no locations near me, but It turned out well afterall. This Intel deal is almost $100 cheaper.

It's funny to hear people complaining about this. I completely understand why it's limited to retail employees. Either get a job in retail, or make friends/family with someone who does.

The SSD deal is about .75/GB not including tax or shipping if charged.
BF deals are about .58/GB
Normal Yearly deals (quoting the best one thus far) .48/GB

So yes its a mehh deal. I think they priced it the same last year, but since SSD prices were higher i believe it was a better deal.

Congrats on the getting the 2 Ks! Building a workstation and extreme gamer?

I am going to be replacing my current rig (see sig) with the 4930K, and selling off my Golden 3770K and MB to cover the cost of a super nice O/C'ing X79 board..The 4770K is going to be resold (cheaply, think below the MC $199 price) to offset some of the price of the 4930K..

So for those of you that want a 4770K I will let you know when I get it. PLEASE DO NOT SEND me a flood of PM's before then..If I can get another family member to take the time to register I will pick up another 4770K or 4930K for someone. I will POST if that will happen.

I am going to be replacing my current rig (see sig) with the 4930K, and selling off my Golden 3770K and MB to cover the cost of a super nice O/C'ing X79 board..The 4770K is going to be resold (cheaply, think below the MC $199 price) to offset some of the price of the 4930K..

So for those of you that want a 4770K I will let you know when I get it. PLEASE DO NOT SEND me a flood of PM's before then..If I can get another family member to take the time to register I will pick up another 4770K or 4930K for someone. I will POST if that will happen.

brb sending 23 PM's

jk

Sweet I got all of my required tests out of the way. Just waiting for it to go live so I can buy two 4930K's.

How long does it take to register for this? I believe I'm actually eligible. Once you complete the form, do you send proof of employment? What's the total time frame from start to finish?

How long does it take to register for this? I believe I'm actually eligible. Once you complete the form, do you send proof of employment? What's the total time frame from start to finish?

Once you register I believe you verify your work email, login setup your info if its not already there, then go into account and do the employment verification all you need is an work email address. It sends and email to it, click the verify link and you are setup. Then do training and the required training for the deal to get to rockstar. Should take less than 4 hours from start to finish. If you cant do email verification of work then it may take days.

I got screwed had some one hooking me up on this and they got let go before they verified there work email for me they keep forgetting and I already did all the test and got all the points FML.. So if any one has an extra Wink Wink :)

Last edited:
If anyone isn't using their employee status, I would certainly put it to use. PM me.

Still can't decide which cpu to get. I wonder which one would be easier to sell if I decide to stick with my current setup?

If I recall it didn't go live last year until 4pm pst.

Edit.
Nevermind Winter 2013 went live at 12:51PM PST, Summer 2013 Deal 2:15PM PST

So they are all over the place.

Last edited:
i know, i'm irate about it. they used to to do it like @ 11am cst for previous deals except starting for the last one.

Ordered both a 4770k and 4930k (my wife and I).

Thanks Intel!

I just ordered the 4930k...I just got a 4770k and MSI MPOWER mobo 2 weeks ago....I'm wondering if it will be worth it to sell those and build a rig around the 4930k or not!! :confused: Decisions decisions...

I just ordered the 4930k...I just got a 4770k and MSI MPOWER mobo 2 weeks ago....I'm wondering if it will be worth it to sell those and build a rig around the 4930k or not!! :confused: Decisions decisions...

I would just sell the 4930k if your pc is mainly for gaming.

I was able to get registered and verified. I just need to get the points up high enough to get a 4390k. How long do these last? Please tell me its not a one day only thing.

I was able to get registered and verified. I just need to get the points up high enough to get a 4390k. How long do these last? Please tell me its not a one day only thing.

You're good. Takes about an hour to hit producer status.

Got my 4770K, keeping that but if someone wants this mcafee code they can have it. Don't need that shit on here.

I ordered mine, the new board I bought arrives tomorrow. I sold my 3770k, board, and some extra ram I had to my friend for $200. I hope it comes quickly since all i have is my laptop right now.

Got my 4770K, keeping that but if someone wants this mcafee code they can have it. Don't need that shit on here.

Is anyone getting the "Your account is inactive, please contact support?" when trying to log in? Note these are new accounts from BestBuy employees, setup with their BB email addys..They were just created today so I am hoping it's just taking time to get them verified?

Is anyone getting the "Your account is inactive, please contact support?" when trying to log in? Note these are new accounts from BestBuy employees, setup with their BB email addys..They were just created today so I am hoping it's just taking time to get them verified?

you done goofed up bad. That means you got banned for creating multiple accounts. Don't matter if you got permission straight from the employees themselves. Did you use the same password on all the accounts?

Finally. In for a 4930k.

I'm probably going to sell it as I don't have the funds to put together a new rig right now.

Let me ask this since I haven't been keeping up on processors. Am I going to get a better performing processor for anywhere near the $225 price of the 4930 any time in the foreseeable future? Let's be serious, my 2600k is still doing just fine all this time later and is still $300+. So the answer is probably not even close, right? If not, maybe I'll just hold onto it and buy parts a few at a time.

Last edited:
So how cheap are these chips if I fly to Costa Rica?
Can I just go down and fill up a briefcase with them and bring em back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back