Intel winter deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

crustybooger

Limp Gawd
Posting here too. Must be intel retail edge member. Get caught up on your videos! Deal goes live dec 4.

Deal 1

I7 4770k with McAfee LiveSafe
Rock Legend: $79.00 USD
Rockstar: $99.00 USD
Producer: $114.00 USD

Deal 2

I7 4930k with McAfee LiveSafe
Rock Legend: $159.00 USD
Rockstar: $179.00 USD
Producer: $194.00 USD

Deal 3

Intel® Solid-State Drive
530 Series (180 GB)
$135.00 USD (Rockstars and Rock Legends only)

Rockstars and above can get deal 1 or deal 2 plus deal 3. Producers are limited to deals 1 or 2.

Last edited:
how to you become a member? are the legend, star and producer different levels of membership?

You just have to work for one of the companies eligible. As long as they can verify your company email address you're good. Takes about an hour to hit producer status by watching the videos and taking the 3-4 question tests at the end.

Makes me want to buy a 4930K just for shits and giggles. Will be in for a 4770K no matter what but might just grab both for the hell of it.

Man I hate these threads. I cant be a Retail Edge member and dont know anybody that is. Like dangling a 7 course meal in front of a starving man. Bastards!

So uh.. any IT guys work at any of these retail chains that can create a few e-mail alias' and hook the rest of us up? :)

Is Target one of the approved stores? Looks like you need to sign up to enter in the work info.

Is Target one of the approved stores? Looks like you need to sign up to enter in the work info.

Program Eligibility

To be eligible for participation in the Program members must meet the following eligibility requirements:

be a legal resident of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico; or Canada; the Program is void in all other U.S. territories and possessions, overseas military installations and where prohibited or restricted by law;
be 16 years of age or older in their legal jurisdiction of residence;
hold an Eligible Position at an Approved Retail Chain;
gave an active Account in good standing with the Program, and comply with all the Terms herein and any other terms provided related to the Program
Note: Residents of the Province of Quebec are not eligible to participate in Drawings on the Intel® Retail Edge Program Web site (“Web Site”). However, they are eligible to purchase items in the Online Store, the Summer Deal and Holiday Deal, and other select offers and promotions.

Final determination of eligibility is at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Employees, officers, and directors (including immediate family members and members of the same household) of Intel Corporation ("Sponsor"), its respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, printers, advertising and promotion agencies and any others associated with the Program, are not eligible to participate except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.

Eligible Positions

For eligibility Members must be employed in either: (1) one of the following positions listed below or (2) a retailer-specific title included in the profile section of the Program registration page (both may be referred to herein as an “Eligible Positions”):

-- In-store business sales
-- PC sales
-- Software sales
-- Computer peripherals sales
-- Computer service
-- PC training
-- PC department management
-- Online Sales/Call Center
-- Store management
-- PC Buyer
-- Service Provider Sales and Support

Approved Retail Chains

Members must be employed at the time of all aspects of participation in the Program (or parts thereof) at a physical retail location or online sales/call center at an approved retail chain. Members at a Deactivated Retail Chain (see below) are not eligible. The list of Approved Retail Chains and Call Centers is:

AARON'S
ABC WAREHOUSE
ABT ELECTRONICS
ACTIONLINK
ADORAMA
ALTEX ELECTRONICS
AMERICAN
APPLE RETAIL STORE
ASN DEPOT
AT&T
B&H PHOTO VIDEO & PRO AUDIO
BCOM COMPUTER CENTRE
BEST BUY (CANADA)
BEST BUY (USA)
BEST BUY MOBILE (CANADA)
BEST BUY MOBILE (USA)
BJ'S WHOLESALE CLUB
BRANDSMART USA
CANADA COMPUTERS
CDW
CDW CALL CENTERS
CENTRAL COMPUTERS
COMPUTER STOP
CONN'S
COSTCO
CYBERPOWER
DATAVISION
DELL
DELL - MDM
DELL EXPERIENCE CENTER
DIGILINK COMPUTERS
DIRECTRON
ELECTRONIC EXPRESS
FAMSA
FRY'S ELECTRONICS
FUTURE SHOP
GATEWAY
GEEK SQUAD
HHGREGG
HP
HP-HHO
HP-SMB
HSN
IBUYPOWER
INSIGHT
INSIGHT CALL CENTERS
INTREX
J&R MUSIC AND COMPUTER WORLD
KEHTRON COMPUTERS
LA CURACAO
LENOVO
LENOVO HQ
LONDON DRUGS
MARKETSOURCE – HP
MARKETSTAR – HP
MARKETSTAR – SONY
MDG COMPUTERS CANADA
MEMORY EXPRESS
MICRO CENTER
MICROBYTES
MICROSOFT STORE
MILWAUKEE PC
MOSAIC – HP
NCIX.COM/NETLINK COMPUTER
NEBRASKA FURNITURE MART
NEWEGG
NEXCOM
OFFICE DEPOT
OFFICEMAX
PC CONNECTION
PC LAPTOPS
PC VILLAGE
PCM
PRIORITY COMPUTER SYSTEMS
PURCHASING POWER
QVC
RADIOSHACK
.COM
RCS COMPUTER EXPERIENCE
RENT-A-CENTER
ROGERS
SAM'S CLUB
SAMSUNG
SEARS
SHAW CABLE
SONY
SONY FACTORY OUTLET
STAPLES
STAPLES BUSINESS DEPOT
SUPERIOR COMPUTERS
SUPERIOR PC SYSTEMS
TECH ADVANCED COMPUTERS
TELUS
THE SOURCE
TigerDirect.com Call Center
TigerDirect.com Retail Store
T-MOBILE
TOSHIBA
VIZIO
WAL-MART (CANADA)
WAL-MART (USA)

Dang I was mad that I can't get a 4770k at MicroCenter (don't live near one).. And now there is an even better insane deal that I'm not eligible for. fml.... hopefully there will be a good blackfriday deal somewhere on the internets..

Go into any HHGregg and see if there's a sales associate (or a dozen) doing nothing that you can talk into signing up for a $20...Every time I walk into an HHGregg the sales people outnumber customers 5:1 or more.

Go into any HHGregg and see if there's a sales associate (or a dozen) doing nothing that you can talk into signing up for a $20...Every time I walk into an HHGregg the sales people outnumber customers 5:1 or more.

Why would they do that for $20 when they can sell the CPU for more than twice what they paid? Don't think they will do that unless you know the person you're asking.

Why would they do that for $20 when they can sell the CPU for more than twice what they paid? Don't think they will do that unless you know the person you're asking.

I think you may be overestimating the average HHGregg employee's knowledge of CPU prices and entrepreneurial spirit...The real question is how much effort is needed to get "Producer" status?

Woo I'm getting in on this! Though the ssd seems kind of like a crappy deal

Wish I could get in on this, would love to upgrade my 3820 to a 4930k.

I think you may be overestimating the average HHGregg employee's knowledge of CPU prices and entrepreneurial spirit...The real question is how much effort is needed to get "Producer" status?

Took me about an hour last night to get it done on a friends account :D

You have to have a pay stub at least that's how it was when I did it years ago.. I'm going to ask a friend to see if they will hook me up :D

I use to do it by photoshopping a paystub once I quit working. Doesn't work anymore unfortunately.

So if someone worked in upper management at say, T-Mobile, but at the HQ rather than a retail store. I wonder how they would verify that?

So if someone worked in upper management at say, T-Mobile, but at the HQ rather than a retail store. I wonder how they would verify that?

Bro, can you get my T-Mobile bill waived for this month? :D

They might let that slide. Worth a try!

This is for training purposes. The same way a dealership sales employee gets access to cars to drive "to familiarize" with the product they are expected to be knowledge about and sell.

Not really a deal that I would cry over. The target demo for this is to mostly people in sales job, aka commission on top of basic hourly rates, aka sales job is a tough job from a competitive standpoint. One brightside I assume.

I will getting a 4930K and 4770K through 2 different family members..All told, I have about 15 friends that qualify but that is a lot of work lol..That SSD deal is a terrible deal from a $/GB perspective..Am I missing something?:confused::confused:

I will getting a 4930K and 4770K through 2 different family members..All told, I have about 15 friends that qualify but that is a lot of work lol..That SSD deal is a terrible deal from a $/GB perspective..Am I missing something?:confused::confused:

The SSD deal is about .75/GB not including tax or shipping if charged.
BF deals are about .58/GB
Normal Yearly deals (quoting the best one thus far) .48/GB

So yes its a mehh deal. I think they priced it the same last year, but since SSD prices were higher i believe it was a better deal.

Congrats on the getting the 2 Ks! Building a workstation and extreme gamer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back