Intel TAT and/or CoreTemp on Vista x64 - Is it possible?

jnick

2[H]4U
So I got my new motherboard last night, and started downloading some utilities to assist in my soon to be overclocking adventure. I downloaded what appeared to be the latest version of TAT and CoreTemp. To my suprise, neither of them worked.

Is there anyway to get either of these guys to work in Vista x64? From what I've read, the error was due to x64 needing signed drivers. There apparently WAS a work around, however people claim that it no longer works. Was a new workaround found?

If not, what programs do you guys recommend to monitor temps for Vista x64?

Thanks!

I believe intel has said over and over again that TAT is not designed for any of the newer multiple core CPUs and will give rather inaccurate temperature readings.

TAT doesn't work for crap in Vista 64, even if you can get it running the values are all garbage.

I use coretemp and it works fine for me with the drivers signage stuff turned off via VistaBootPro.

This works fine for me, and you don't have to hit F8 on bootup

http://www.overclock.net/operating-systems/246265-vista-x64-coretemp-tweak.html

Think link will go into details about installation and batch file editing - screw that, just run the coretemp-startup.bat, then you're free to run core temp. FWIW, I've only uses the one bundled with the batch files (0.95.4) and haven't tried it with the new versions.

That did the trick! I am running it the way the directions say and everything seems to be fine with the newest version. Thanks man!

That did the trick! I am running it the way the directions say and everything seems to be fine with the newest version. Thanks man!

np. And I checked, I ran the batch files, then ran the new version of core temp (.96.1) and it ran fine. Someone in another thread packaged it all together in a single zip if you look.

Back