Intel Suffers, AMD Surges in 2006

Graphs cannot reflect reality. Graphs exist solely to misrepresent data. I could create a graph that shows Intel is on top, or that AMD is on top, or that they both suck, all using the same exact data.

Graphs do not reflect reality. The numbers are all that matters....

Are you retarted or what ? ;)

What is your education level ?

Yep, I'm "retarted" :D

But if I am, what are you? That doesnt bode well....

Mea culpa , being a non-native speaker shows from time to time.Either way , the question is still valid. ;)

It's a damn poor mind that can think of only one way to spell a word. ~Andrew Jackson

Mea culpa , being a non-native speaker shows from time to time.Either way , the question is still valid. ;)

It's a damn poor mind that can think of only one way to spell a word. ~Andrew Jackson

Agreed, Either way the question is stil valid :p

having an IQ 2x that of 69 classifies one as a psycic :) also one who likes 3 somes's

get it 2 x 69

HA HA HA hardy har har~

DOH!!!

good point - is hot today, i was in the sun, my head hurts :) hot women at the stores, mind, gutter, ya, i go bye bye now :)

occasionaly you see an article writen by a writer with eyes firmly fixated on the rear view mirror. He's lucky there is spell check.

hey hey hey. you guys are still at it :)

its been a while since I've posted here :p

Your IQ level doesn't need to be known , it transpires from every post of yours.

I know.. Thank you for your kindness... I know I'm smart, but please stop flattering me... One might get the impression that you.... like.... me..... :D

I believe you follow AMD very closely, and I have a few questions for you, if you would take the time and give your opinion.

1. Will AMD turn a profit in 2007?

Will AMD's Barcelona have a positive impact on revenue in 2007?

As you have stated, quad core is only about 1-2% of the market, and the drop in compatibility (for servers) is only Socket F.

3. Will AMD maintain the market share gains in Desktop and Mobile?

4. Will AMD continue to loose serve market share?

5. How will Intel's future price cuts (April 22nd and Q3) effect AMD's ASP's and margins?

6. How will AMD further expand capacity if not making profits?

The New York FAB will have to begin construction soon in order to be done by late 2009 or 2010, which would be around the same time as they reach full capacity with FAB 36 and FAB 38.

7. How does AMD pay for 45nm equipment?

8. Do you believe the board will grant the additional shares being requested?

9. If so what effect will there be on AMD's share price?

Will they use the money to pay for expansion or pay off debt?

Thanks in advance if you take the time to respond.

AMD had a plan that they believed would get to somewhere, but the timing was BAD, AMD bought ATI just when Intel and Nvidia released their killer product, namely 8800 and core 2 duo, now AMD/ATI has no funds to keep up, the gap is enlarging.

and has the guy said Intel would go bankrupt woke up yet?:confused:

All I know is that anyone who bought shares of AMD in May of 06 deserves to loose their money.

I believe you follow AMD very closely, and I have a few questions for you, if you would take the time and give your opinion.

Alot of these questions I cant answer..

I dont know ifr they will turn a profit or not. Hector Ruiz seems to think they will. According to statements he made it will be short during the first quarter, and flatr during the second quarter. He seems to think that with the introduction of Barcelona they will be able to raise ASPs I tend to agree, but that is a prediction I cant make with authority.

As far as market share gains and losses.... Who knows? I dont really know much about what Intel has coming out in the next two years. For once AMD has more information available then Intel. The only thing we know for sure is that Intel will have a 45nm chip out that has some specific process improvements, and that they have concentrated engineering on reducing power consumption. The product that this culminates into has yet to be seen. If it is good enough they may well gain market share. However, AMD should have Fusion available at that same time. For the OEM laptop and desktop markets this will have a majot improvement on overall system power consumption, and --may-- give them the edge. This combined with CTM... Well its just too far in the future and again I cant make any predictions with authority.

I expect Intels April price cuts to adversely affect AMDs ASP in the second quarter. According to Hector Ruiz, seasonal demand should be able to make up the difference to make it overall a flat quarter.

AMD is still making alot of money. Due to expenses they currently have, this money has not translated into a profit. It is unfortunate for shareholders, but at the same time if they didnt make these investments then they would not be able to compete in the comming markets. AMD just barely made the 65nm transit9ion, and the 45nm transition is comming up real fast. Before you know it, well be facing down the 32nm transition. In addition to this the OEM were deamnding that AMD fill the platform needs of these costomers... This is the main reason why they bought ATi, the value it added top the company was greater then it cost to purchase. I still beleive that some of ATis businesses will be spun off sooner or later. AMD will likely keep just the platform business, and the graphics business, everything else will likely be spun off when the time is ripe.

At this time it seems likely the board will agree to adding more shares. It isnt a final decision though so it may not happen. I think it prolly will though. The addition of these shares will lower the value of AMDs stock. If AMD was making a profit it would be a different situation. But in this case where they are still losing money, the value of hte stock will prolly decrease buy the same margin as the number of stocks added, maybe even worse. I dont think AMD has stated what they will ue the money for. But most of AMD's debt minus the ATi purchase is becouse of expansion. So it is highly likely they will use it to pay off debt to help expansion.

With apologies to Fitty Cent, like a fat kid loves cake I can't help but be drawn to these flame-fests :D

Cut out the stock price pissing match, will ya? We're taking about who's dominating the market in sales, and stock price has nothing--NOTHING--to do with that. The DJI drops hundreds of points when an elephant sneezes in India, so there's no point in holding up stock performance as some kind of definitive indicator. Having said that, despite gaining ground over the past few years, AMD is still far behind Intel in sales, so that's that.

That is all.

Back