orangeblue
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Oct 16, 2009
- Messages
- 325
I just installed a Core i5-750 in a new computer. Everything seems to work, but the fan I wanted to use wouldn't fit so I was stuck with installing the stock Intel fan (at least until I can buy a new one). While I've heard that these things pretty much suck temp wise, I'm having another issue with mine. It is making an incredibly loud clicking sound as though it is hitting a wire, though I've confirmed it isn't hitting anything. Is this normal? If not, what could be giving it problems?
On a side note, in Speed Fan at Temp2 (not sure where this sensor is), it is giving a reading of 128C, which isn't possible. The individual core temps seem normal, ranging from 34-42C at idle (I'm hoping they'll be lower once I get a good heatsink in).
On a side note, in Speed Fan at Temp2 (not sure where this sensor is), it is giving a reading of 128C, which isn't possible. The individual core temps seem normal, ranging from 34-42C at idle (I'm hoping they'll be lower once I get a good heatsink in).