Intel SSD's on sale at BB B&M thru 12/31 No rebate

=HPSF=Roadrunner

Limp Gawd
Sorry I don't have many details as of yet; I will post exact pricing, and SKU, as I have to go back to get mine. I will spare you the usual "went to store A..." story.

Not a smoking deal, it was about $1.50/gig, BUuuut if you don't do rebates, and like me have some giftcards to burn up, these seem a good deal. They had an 80GB for around $110-120 and a 120GB for around $160. This is a regular sale price, no MIR. The website is not showing any sale prices, and I had trouble getting the employee to find the right ones in the system.

I thought all Intel SSD's were ok bets. Are there certain series to avoid? As I said, I will post more details on Monday when I go back to grab a couple. From my convo with the employee, I believe it is either the X-25 series, or the 320 series.

The stores I went to were:

Blaine MN (store# 1443 I think)- Saw both units on shelf, both sale priced

Northtown MN (store #10 or 11)-no stock, no pricing on shelf. This is a smaller 'mall' location, but usually has most of the main stuff. I have seen Intel SSD's at this store before.

I noticed this too the other day when I was at Best Buy. I can tell you that it is the 320 series. So pretty good prices, and I'm like you: I absolutely hate rebates, and I generally just assume I will never get the rebate. Plus you still have to pay the full price up front, so it isn't really saving me any money at the time. I would much rather grab this than pay full price and then wait 2-3 months for a rebate.

So pretty good price for no rebate, out the door price on Intel 320 series, imo.

Btw, this was in TN, so I'd say you can safely assume this is at all Best Buy stores.

I'm going to stop by my local BB, in MA, and I'll report back. It's too bad these are only SATAII.

Wow, I never knew I lived so close to other [H] members. Those are the two stores near me.

Thanks.

Toledo, OH had them for this price too. Would have got them if I had not already taken a risk with the 160gb/bf3 deal.

lol 1 upside to working at a bby.... i got one of the X-25 80gb drives when it went "end of life" before the 320's came out for $50 :)

Back