• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Intel SSD 80 gb G2

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I can't wait until other manufactures start making SSDs just as fast or faster than these. More competition!
 
I can't wait until other manufactures start making SSDs just as fast or faster than these. More competition!

Any Indilinx-based SSD is already almost as fast as the Intel drives. Not quite as fast, but still far above both my VRaptor and any JMicron Junk SSD.

They're something I'd consider as well.
 
Any Indilinx-based SSD is already almost as fast as the Intel drives. Not quite as fast, but still far above both my VRaptor and any JMicron Junk SSD.

They're something I'd consider as well.

And you can get bigger Indilinx drives. RAIDing fixes that but I want one for my laptop and 80GB won't cut it. Thinking about getting a OCZ Vertex.
 
How are you guys able to search for it on ebay in the first place too see if it is available? Do you guys just search "SSDSA2MH080G2C1" in the ebay search field and sort by price and find Buy.com store front?

I've been searching for X25M and looking for buy.com's listing. So far, it's pretty easy to find since they put a generic image in for the product image.
 
I did a google products search and there are quite a lot of retailers carrying it.

I am looking at getting SSDSA2MH080G2R5. Does anyone if I can get the ssd adapter to the 3.5" drive elsewhere? The SSDSA2MH080G2C1 doesnt have one but I dont mind if i can same some money and get the adapter elsewhere.

Here is retailer that has the SSDSA2MH080G2R5 but I dont know how trustworthy they are. Anyone know of the retailer?

http://www.superduperclub.net/dhssdsa2mh080g2r5.html
 
I did a google products search and there are quite a lot of retailers carrying it.

I am looking at getting SSDSA2MH080G2R5. Does anyone if I can get the ssd adapter to the 3.5" drive elsewhere? The SSDSA2MH080G2C1 doesnt have one but I dont mind if i can same some money and get the adapter elsewhere.

Here is retailer that has the SSDSA2MH080G2R5 but I dont know how trustworthy they are. Anyone know of the retailer?

http://www.superduperclub.net/dhssdsa2mh080g2r5.html

A lot of places are carrying the drives but few have them in stock. I would stick with the reputable dealers for now. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the lesser known dealers tried to slip you a G1 drive.
 
A lot of places are carrying the drives but few have them in stock. I would stick with the reputable dealers for now. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the lesser known dealers tried to slip you a G1 drive.

It's pretty hard to "slip you a G1" as they look nothing alike.
 
I am looking at getting SSDSA2MH080G2R5. Does anyone if I can get the ssd adapter to the 3.5" drive elsewhere? The SSDSA2MH080G2C1 doesnt have one but I dont mind if i can same some money and get the adapter elsewhere. [/url]

You don't need an adapter... you can use some double sided velcro, cable ties, or anything really to mount it. The SSD is tiny and weighs nothing. Also it has no moving parts and generates no heat.

If you need the bracket, you can find different type of brackets at many places.
 

Exactly... plus, there's no guarantee that they'll pack a G2, even if it says so. Maybe I'm just paranoid but I'd rather stick with a seller that I can trust when there are still G1s and sketchy dealers floating around. I've even had reputable places send me the wrong revision just because the person who packed the package didn't realize there was a new revision. Luckily I was able to RMA and get what I ordered. Feel free to roll the dice if you want, but I'd rather take my chances with Newegg, Buy.com, ZZF or someone along those lines.
 
Also in small print under the picture.

*Image may not reflect most recent product revision
 
Lol, ZipZoomFly just had this right now on their eBay store. Guess who bought it. :D

$240 - $20 Cashback - $5 eBay Bucks - $5 eBates = $210 shipped

I'll probably run this in RAID with my other G2.
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Lol, ZipZoomFly just had this right now on their eBay store. Guess who bought it. :D

$240 - $20 Cashback - $5 eBay Bucks - $5 eBates = $210 shipped

I'll probably run this in RAID with my other G2.


:eek:

I am full of envy. Want to share the wealth? :)
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
lol that was unnecessary

either way, if it doesn't say, chances are it was put up before the dawn of the g2. You normall don't refer to the first product as g1, just the product.

either way, I wouldn't touch it
 
I was so excited to get in on the buy.com ebay deal yesterday that I forgot about the bing cashback. :( Oh well... Would have been nice to get the drive for like $207.
 
Back
Top