Intel SSD, 510 or 520 series?

sasquatch182

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 30, 2009
Messages
142
I have a 510 series in one of my machines. I'm planning on building another.
Do I stick with the 510 or now go the 520. I haven't kept up on what the differences are.

This is a work machine so I need reliable. Thanks for any advice on this or any other brand SSD.
 
520/sand force/5yr
Have both 250gb/510 & 240gb/520
Also cheaper when purchased (520) around $330 vs $550 usd for the 510.
 
The 510 is still more expensive. It's going to be EOL as of this fall. The SF based 520 (25nm Intel NAND) is faster and has a five year warranty, the Marvell based 510 (34nm Intel) has a three year warranty.

But it's not really an upgrade to go to the 520 from the 510, so if it's working for you now, you should just keep it.
 
Back
Top