• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Intel Socket 478m and 479m confusion.

ShepsCrook

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Feb 16, 2003
Messages
9,541
Ok, I just purchased the Jetway NF93R-LF motherboard. Which is an Intel Core 2 Duo/Quad FSB1066 45nm Socket P (Penry) Mobile Processor motherboard.
http://www.jetwaycomputer.com/NF93.html

BUT I've found some complications in selecting a processor for this board.
The list of processors that they say are supported by the board are a mix of Socket 478 and Socket 479.

The board itself says Socket 479

So I'm not really sure what to think. I'd love to buy a Q9100 or Q9000 for this board, or the T9400 processor, but those all say Socket 478


Anyone know what's what with this?
 
Last edited:
Look for notebook processors then. The desktop ones won't fit.

Ummm yeah... that's the plan... That's what we've been talking about.


I saw Neweggs listing for Socket P and that pretty much coincides with what Jetway is saying. But when the board says Socket 479....

And if you look at the boards socket, it has the layout for 479 holes, which is -1 hold in the corner. If you look at a socket p chip pin layout, it has -2 pins which makes it 478. I'm wondering if this was just smart thinking on their part in using Socket 479 mounting brackets and not relabeling them since they work with 478 anyway. Which would be Socket P and not the Socket 478 chips. lol
 
I just spoke with Jetway and they said that Socket P works in the Socket 479.

So Socket P = Socket 479 which is actually 478 pin.

Awesome.
 
Back
Top