• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Intel S5000PSL 3 beeps then nothing

CyriusG

n00b
Joined
Aug 25, 2011
Messages
6
Hello. I've just gotten all the parts for my new server build (my first). But i'm having some problems. When i start up the system it won't post and i don't get any video. It starts up fine at first i can hear the drives spinning up and everything seems normal but then i get three beeps, all the warning lights for the RAM sockets light up and then it's just frozen, nothing more happens. I've tried using only one CPU, only one memory module, reseting cmos i even tried another PSU. But i think i've boiled it down to the memory. I can't check the model number right now because if i remove the sticker the warranty is void and they don't list the module number where i bought it. But i've sent an email to them.
These are the specs of the system.

Intel S5000PSL
2x Intel Xeon L5420
8x Samsung 4GB DDR2 ECC FBDIMM 4RX8 PC2-5300F-555-110111
 
I had one of those for a very short period. Three beeps is definitely memory related. I am not sure it can handle 4GB FBDIMMs. That board was super picky about memory.... and power supplies..... and just about anything else.
 
I noticed that. But i'm going to refund the memory and then make sure that i get memory that's on the tested memory list. Pretty much the same model as the one i have is on the tested memory list but that's the dual ranked model while the one i have is quad ranked. And according to Intel's site the motherboard supports up to 8GB FBDIMMs.
 
CyriusG, did you ever get this board working?
 
I sent the memory back one week ago and i'm still waiting for a response from the seller and i get my refund. I can't buy anything until i get that refund.
 
Back
Top