Intel RST drivers?

undertaker2k8

[H]ard|Gawd
Has anyone else experienced BSODs and crashes using the Intel RST drivers recently?

Both my dekstop and HTPC started having random BSODs recently (one is a desktop with a 840 Pro as the primary drive and a HyperX 3K as secondary) and the second is a notebook with a 830 as the primary drive and considerably different configs, had random BSODs lately until I removed the Intel RST drivers from both: I doubt if they are even needed esp with Windows 8 handling SSDs and TRIM well natively. I saw about 10-20 Mb/s drop in read scores but that is not anything to notice with SSDs pushing out 500+ Mb/s these days.

Any inputs?

No one had similar experiences with these drivers? I am surprise that Intel would qa their drivers this shoddily tbh.

I've had other issues with the RST drivers on Windows 8. No BSODs yet.

I got BSODs on my Win 7 HTPC, on the WIn 8 desktop it would sometimes cause the SSDs to not boot and give a disk read error, happened on a hyperx, 840, 840 pro and an old gskill phoenix.No RST = no issues for almost a week so far.

Link state power management should be off by default. If something is going to cause a BSOD that would be it.

Back