• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Intel RES2SV240 + Adaptec 6805

nattyg

n00b
Joined
Apr 29, 2012
Messages
3
All,

New to the forums - hoping I can find some help here after pounding my head against Intel's support wall.

I have an Adaptec 6805 connected to an RES2SV240 using one connection (I've tried both 0-3 and 20-23), which in turn is connected to two SuperMicro x8 mobile rack (M28SAB).

When I connect the expander to either single bay, all drives are available, however when I connect both of them, only 2 or 3 drives, it appears to be somewhat random, show up.

I've also tried this on an LSI SAS2 card as well and the same behavior shows.

I seem to recall Intel having some guide out there showing proper connection order, but I can't seem to find that...and I'm not terribly sure that it's relevant anyway in this scenario, but who knows.

Any thoughts?
 
Welcome,

I have the Adaptec 6805 as well and thinking of the Intel sas expander also.
Have you resolved this issue yet.

Zuess
 
No, unfortunately not. I've gone back and forth with tech support for quite some time. Although, to be fair, I also have a 9260-8i and it doesn't work with that either, I'm assuming it's probably a screwed expander.
 
It seems like it may have been a firmware issue with the m4 drives. The expander didn't play well with them and the 000f update appears to have resolved the issue.
 
Back
Top