Intel reportedly reserved $ 3 billion in 2019 to competitively block AMD

Maybe you're right in Intel's case. But big companies do incredibly stupid things all the time. Even after history has shown it to be a dumb decision. Look at Nvidia and the GPP.

Maybe you're right in Intel's case. But big companies do incredibly stupid things all the time. Even after history has shown it to be a dumb decision. Look at Nvidia and the GPP.

That's a standard business practice in most markets. It also has nothing to do with retail sales.

Wow that is nuts..... I wondered where the money came from the Intel Retail Edge site. Thank God I don't waste my life on that site anymore from 2014-2017 will never get my life back. I did get a free Razer laptop out of it but the Reality of the site are just a bunch of addicts to it. Sold a shit load of Cpus on ebay kept about 3 of them.

Intel has always engaged in shady practices... nothing new to see here. But offering discounts in any size is nothing illegal, they are free to take whatever loss they want, although I guess when you tie those discounts with conditions it becomes anti-competitive.

Intel has always engaged in shady practices... nothing new to see here. But offering discounts in any size is nothing illegal, they are free to take whatever loss they want, although I guess when you tie those discounts with conditions it becomes anti-competitive.

there are ways discounts can be anticompetitive and illegal. This does not appear to be those ways.

Back