• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Intel Releases Core i7-2700K Processor

annaconda

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Apr 13, 2005
Messages
9,925
Intel released its latest performance-segment processor, the Core i7-2700K.

The i7-2700K is a quad-core chip in the LGA1155 package, based on the 32 nm "Sandy Bridge" silicon. It is clocked at 3.50 GHz, and features an unlocked base clock ratio multiplier, which makes overclocking possible.

It features AVX instruction set, AES native acceleration, HyperThreading (which enables 8 logical CPUs), 256 KB L2 cache per core, and 8 MB of shared L3 cache.
 
Last edited:
Why are you linking a thread you made on another forum? Especially one that looks like a press release? Paul Otellini, is that you?
 
I just typed this over in the [H]ot Deals section..

Not saying this is a hot deal but Newegg has this available NOW for $11 buck cheaper than Amazon.. $370 while Amazon is still OSS. No Newegg feedback yet!
 
Ill be damned, it is on Newegg. $55 more for 100 MHz increase? I dont get it. Unless this thing just has insane overclocking headroom, I dont get how they can charge so much for such a minuscule bump in clock speed.
 
Ill be damned, it is on Newegg. $55 more for 100 MHz increase? I dont get it. Unless this thing just has insane overclocking headroom, I dont get how they can charge so much for such a minuscule bump in clock speed.

it's for people who will pay for the best.
 
Its on newegg

I was going to second aVaLaNcHe's reply when I checked this morning (nearly 11 hours ago) and it was not on newegg (not available in their search) or amazon and I could not google it but now indeed it is on newegg.
 
List price (1000 units) is only $15 more than the 2600K ($332 vs $317) so this is just early release price gouging. Give it a week.
 
They honestly just need to come out with the 1366 socket replacement because even an upgrade from my 930 to this would produce minimum gains.
 
This is nothing new, Intel and AMD both release slightly higher clocked processors every couple of months or so.
 
I don't think that gulf town and sandy bridge cores are the same
 
Back
Top