Intel Rapid Storage Technology (SSD related)

fibroptikl

Supreme [H]ardness
I purchased a Micro Center branded A-DATA 64GB SSD.

I was getting ready to install it by reading up on the various changes you can do to Windows 7 for better performance and to increase the drives longevity by disabling certain features. In the course of reading I've read that you should install the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver/software for better performance.

However I'm trying to install it on my older Shuttle SD39P2 and I have the drivers from the Intel Chipset Installation Utility installed and I go to install the Intel Rapid Store Technology software, and it says "This computer does not meet the minimum system requirements for installing the software."

The Readme file says that it's for the following storage controllers, including the "Intel(R) ICH7R/DH SATA AHCI Controller" which, from the Shuttle website, says my chipset is an ICH7R. The only thing I can think of is that I'm running 64-bit Windows 7.

I'd like to make sure I'm not going to run into any problems, or I'll just return the drive.

Do you have AHCI or RAID enabled in the BIOS? Without that it won't install. (if the controller is in IDE or compatibility mode it is running not as a ICH7R but is acting just as a ICH7)

Beyond that I don't know what to suggest.

Just checked - it was in IDE, not AHCI.

I knew I had to change it, but I was going to do it before the install.

Back