• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Intel Raid Controller Question

Rusty4560

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 24, 2007
Messages
1,131
I've got a system with an Intel SRCS14L raid card in it. The system already had a array built, however the drivers are too small for what I need. I would like to upgrade them all but cannot for the life of me figure out how.

Does anyone have experience with something similar to this?
 
I assume you mean drives are too small. Drivers being too small does not make a lot of sense..

Anyways what you want is online expansion.
 
Yes I meant drives. It's been a long day. I apologize for my typo. Anyway, the card only seems to be supported by Windows 2003 ( which is what is on the machine ). The version of Intel Storage Console Plus is at 3.06. I have not seen a single option for online expansion.
 
Also before you attempt anything try to determine the maximum drive size. Since this is a 6+ year old card it may have stupid limitations on drive size that were not corrected by a firmware update. I have seen other raid cards from this era not take 1 TB drives. When I looked this up I saw that Intel ended support for this card long ago.
 
I will be using 4 500GB in raid 5. Currently there are 4 250GB.

Really just using this as a media share. I just have a lot of good quality 500GB that I'd like to raid and this seems like my best option.
 
Thanks for the help. There were a lot more options in the boot up BIOS for the card.
 
I can only find drivers for Server 2003. What are the chances that I could get this card working in Server 2008 or 7?
 
Does anyone have an idea whether I'd be able to use Server 2k8 or 7 with this set up?
 
Back
Top