• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Intel QX6850, Intel D975XBX2

Zerox20

n00b
Joined
Feb 5, 2005
Messages
7
I have purchased an Intel QX6850, I was told it should work even though it has the 1333 FSB on the processor.

I cannot get it to work, I power on my system and I get no video, but everything else boots, I put back in my old Q6700 and it works fine, so I know its not my other components.

I am running Crucial Ballistix 2x1 GB DDR2 1066.

I googled the issue and I found some places did reviews with the system specs I have, and were able to get it to run, so it should be able to work on this board.

I also did the latest BIOS update.

Do I need to change any settings to make this chip work in the BIOS before installing?? Reference Frequency to 333? 266?

Looking for advice. Thanks.
 
Intel's own website says the fastest chip the D975XBX2 supports is the QX6800--or, more accurately, that it doesn't support any FSB1333 chips. Having said that: HardwareZone apparently benched their test QX6850 on this motherboard.

Unless there's some sort of stealth BIOS release out there or something, the only thing I can think of that makes sense is that they had to manually set the BIOS to the chip's requirements--FSB1333, 9x multiplier--and somehow got it to work. Or that I read it wrong, they used the Bad Axe 2 for one of their "control" rigs, and nobody's been able to get it to work...
 
Yeah I understand what you are saying, I read all sorts of conflicting reports, and doing lots of googling, I looked for any "hacked" BIOS and stuff and got nothing, so I am not sure exactly what to do.

Very conflicting reports.
 
I think sometimes you can kinda get lucky, but generally I try and go by the support list.

Intel has a very nice supported processor tool at support.intel.com. You can find boards for the CPU you have, or CPUs for the board you have.
 
Back
Top