• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Intel Q9300 vs Intel e7200 on Abit IP35-e

big4x4

n00b
Joined
Apr 9, 2008
Messages
11
Hello,

Just got a hold of a nice Q9300 in a system I just bought. My question is should i replace my work computer with the e7200 it has in it right now? The e7200 has been running for 4 years at 3.8ghz on stock voltages without any problems.

Would the q9300 be a worthwhile upgrade? Mainly do a lot of spreadsheets, emails, some photoshop and some videos. I kind of remember reading a while back that the abit IP35-e doesn't play well with the quad core intels, especially when overclocking.
 
I don't believe there is much difference between the -e and the Pro that I'm running, and I've ran this Q6600 (B3 even, G0 wasn't out yet) between 3.0 and 3.2 since installing it, and on stock voltage. There's still a few others still holding these old boards, many with quads OC'd.

The only concern I would have and can't look up at this point: The Pro (so I assume the -e) only had a beta BIOS to work with E0 stepping processors, and those cpu's are hit or miss on stability. I don't know of the Q9300 is E0 or not, but that would be something to look at.
 
Back
Top