• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Intel P4 HSF roundup

JMke

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 12, 2001
Messages
340
got my hands on 13 different P4 coolers and just had to test them

Aerocool DP-102
Aerocool HT-101
Coolermaster Hyper6
Coolermaster Vortex
Evercool CUW8-715
Scythe FCS-50
Scythe NCU2000
Speeze Coppersnake
Swiftech MCX478-V
Thermalright SP-94
Thermalright XP-90
Thermalright XP-120
TTIC NPH-1

all compared with different fans at different speeds , what do you think,

http://www.madshrimps.be/gotoartik.php?articID=196

the XP-120 with a Delta 120mm fan would give you some overclocking headroom I'd say :eek:
 
if i had to use aircooling id still prefer a sp-94 over the xp-120. its heavier and smaller but ive seen better results from more people than xp-120 users.
 
The[H]uman said:
Kewl .. but I like my Zalman CNPS7000-Cu :D

yea i was gonna say, you should have included the zalman 7000 in there. if i remember correctly its on scale with the sp-94
 
The Zalman is not on scale with the SP-94, the SP-94 beats it when using a fan with +/- same noise level see http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&number=4&artpage=437&articID=118
SP94 @ low: 35.8
Zalman @ low: 38.9


However since that review I was able to break the Zalman (dumb me) but I had 4 new ones coming in so I though it would work out fine. But that was then, now several MONTHS later I still have not received what I ordered and it is honest to say that I'm quite disappointent.

good news is though that this part 1 of the review; in part 2 I'll try to include the Zalman :)
 
what makes me a little angry is that the sp-94 doesnt fit on the a64s

so it looks like im going to get the xp-90, since itll be reusable when i finally make that upgrade.

any good fan recommendations? im looking for quiet, which i hear the xp90 still performs ok with

vantec stealth 92 smartfan?
 
Back
Top