Intel P35 chipset: USB ports kaput after installing Intel's drivers

horseflesh

Weaksauce
My USB ports are stone cold dead. They don't even have power. This happened on the first reboot after installing Intel chipset drivers on my IP35-E.

I have seen many references to this problem in the googles, but no solutions.

There is a hotfix from MS that addresses a similar problem, but it didn't help me.

There is no way to uninstall Intel's chipset drivers.

Any ideas?

I do not think you can uninstall chipset drivers. Your best bet would be to do a system restore. Find a check point that is dated before you installed the chipset drivers.

I did do a system restore so at least I don't have to reinstall Windows. But if I can't install the Intel drivers, what am I missing out on?

My USB ports are stone cold dead. They don't even have power. This happened on the first reboot after installing Intel chipset drivers on my IP35-E.

I have seen many references to this problem in the googles, but no solutions.

There is a hotfix from MS that addresses a similar problem, but it didn't help me.

There is no way to uninstall Intel's chipset drivers.

Any ideas?

I had a similar issue (Abit IP35-E), I solved it by checking in Device Manager and sure enough all USB controllers had the ! beside them.

I just removed all the USB devices, rebooted and XP sorted itself out (note I had a PS/2 mouse to investigate with).

Thanks, I will set a restore point and give that method a try.

(I was reading about some poor guy, he had a P35 board with no PS/2 ports and had the same thing happen... Using the driver version on the motherboard's CD, even.)

Back