Intel NUC w/ M.2 cant install RST drivers...

USMC2Hard4U

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey all, I need some assistance. Just purchased an Intel NUC 5i7RYH and a Kingston M.2 Drive as this is all Microcenter Had, whatever seems great.

UEFI Boot...
Tried both AHCI and RAID in Bios...

Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Not Rapid Start) will not install. I have tried every version imaginable from the official Intel NUC drivers, to ever RST driver on Intel's site and station-drivers...

I get "This platform is not supported"

I have tried Windows 8.1 64 Bit and Server 2012 R2 Essentials no go. Every other driver works and installs flawlessly.

Am I missing something with how M.2 and Intel RST works? this is what im thinking but cant find anything solid via the google machine.

Thanks for your help! Pics and Specs below

Intel NUC5i7RYH
16GB DDR3 1866
Kingston Hyper X M.2 240GB SSD
8.1, 2012 64 bits

f5dagw.jpg

2w2oilw.jpg

msoww9.jpg

Last edited:
So I might be dumb here, and maybe have used SATA through the chipset for too many years here but

Because this is a PCIe based SSD.... can it not use the intel AHCI drivers? and needs to use the default Microsoft ones?

I have never in my life used the default drivers that come with windows at it feels dirty and wrong....

I've seen great performance from the NUC units without ever installing the RST drivers.

Back