Intel Northbridge

John D

Weaksauce
Anyone know of aftermarket northbridge coolers that will fit genuine Intel motherboards like the D945PSN or DG965WH?? The stock heat sinks suck and are a weird design. Solderer metal tabs go though the heat sink, Black Plastic clips are held in place by these clips and metal tension bar hold pressure ion the heat sink using the plastic clips are tension.:confused:

Anyone know of aftermarket northbridge coolers that will fit genuine Intel motherboards like the D945PSN or DG965WH?? The stock heat sinks suck and are a weird design. Solderer metal tabs go though the heat sink, Black Plastic clips are held in place by these clips and metal tension bar hold pressure ion the heat sink using the plastic clips are tension.:confused:

These work great:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835109131

Here they are in my rig before I dropped it back into the case:
outcase.jpg

Does that nVidia SB really need such a massive cooler?

I am looking for something for my BadAxe2's NB, and was planning on the HR-05, as above, but I think I will go with the Thermaltake "Extreme Spirit II". Similar to the HR-05, but with a fan, and smaller fin area - though it's all copper. The copper is why I'm going with it - not for cooling properties, but might as well match the Tower112 I already have chilling the C2D (idles just above room temp :D).

-bZj

I am looking for something for my BadAxe2's NB, and was planning on the HR-05, as above, but I think I will go with the Thermaltake "Extreme Spirit II". Similar to the HR-05, but with a fan, and smaller fin area - though it's all copper. The copper is why I'm going with it - not for cooling properties, but might as well match the Tower112 I already have chilling the C2D (idles just above room temp :D).

-bZj

I can't recommend the Extreme Spirit II, I have one and under load it gets VERY hot, even with the fan running at full speed. I don't think it provides enough cooling, and plan to return it for a HR-05.

Back