Intel Misses Guidance

masher

[H]ard|Gawd
Semiconductor supplier Intel Corp. announced Friday (March 3) that first-quarter revenue will top of at $8.7 to $9.1 billion, compared to the previous guidance of $9.1 to $9.7 billion, due to weaker than expected demand and a slight market segment share loss...

source article

AMD fan boys start your engines...

Netburst is dragging them down.

Once they get this merom/conroe core pushed into all their marget segments, I think they will rebound as strong, if not stronger than before.

Menelmarar said:
Netburst is dragging them down.

Once they get this merom/conroe core pushed into all their marget segments, I think they will rebound as strong, if not stronger than before.

Hope so, for Intel's sake. Otherwise this seems like the beginning of the end. Every empire in history has fallen.

You do realize the amount of assets Intel owns far outweighs AMDs.

Intel has been "going down any time now" for 5+ years now, depending on what forum you go to. 8.7 billion is still 8.7 billion.

JetUsafMech said:
Intel has been "going down any time now" for 5+ years now, depending on what forum you go to. 8.7 billion is still 8.7 billion.
Just so. Intel is still maintaining nearly an 80% market share, even with inferior chips. The "empire" isn't going to vanish anytime this decade, regardless of what happens.

perplex said:
Hope so, for Intel's sake. Otherwise this seems like the beginning of the end. .

Yeah, Im sure if next years numbers come back like this,its bankruptcy for them... ;)

Intel aint goin nowhere, but they are losing market share... That much cant be ignored....

yeah, not an AMD !!!!!! but you can't ignore the Netburst suck so much ass it isn't even funny. Looks good on paper, but it isn't efficient.

Glad to hear it, the closer the market share gets to 50/50, the more pressure Intel will have to become competitive and start innovating again. I heard it on BBC, they said that the growing competition from AMD was a big cause.

Plus, it's not like Apple is using AMD for their platform...they're using Intel...that's a shitload of money right there. It would be crazy to create a new 3 way universal binary, and I absolutely DO NOT see that happening any time soon.

2% ????

As far as Intel goes, It aint going to make or break them...... It's just marketing... Nothing more... It's working, becouse I can see you bought into the propaganda......

Don't you all remember just a few years ago AMD was pretty much in the tube, stock price at $3, yearly losses of hundreds of millions of dollars, and < 20% market share? Intel is not 'going down' anytime soon because they have been relatively profitable every year that I can remember, and if they ever hit the same rough patch AMD was in, I doubt they'd take it lying down.

Just my 2 cents.

lesman said:
Plus, it's not like Apple is using AMD for their platform...they're using Intel...that's a shitload of money right there. It would be crazy to create a new 3 way universal binary, and I absolutely DO NOT see that happening any time soon.
uhhh...3 way universal? last time i checked, both AMD and Intel were x86....which is why its possible to run mac os x on AMD hardware (though illegal and not supported, it is still possible)

disclaimer: i do not recommend nor support this. i bought a mac mini just so i wouldn't have to do it

Don't you all remember just a few years ago AMD was pretty much in the tube, stock price at $3

Yep, that is when I bought in..... Rumors say that they will hit $50 a share by Q107

Saying into is going to fall is ridicolous. They are going no where for a very long time. Sure there desktop processor market may not be as strong as they used to. They still have a very strong notebook market. The Pentium M's and Centrino technology are doing very well. Not only that but the Core Duo's in both the Macs and notebooks are starting to hit the market and also doing very well. Also, since Dell only sells Intel processors, they always have a buyer right there. Now in are eyes, we all know that Dell really isnt the way to go. But in the eyes of the average consumer who knows nothing about computer hardware which is probably ALOT of people, they see those deals Dell has, and buys there computers. Merom and Conroe are also suppose to hit the market with a bang, which I have complete faith that it will or less Intel is really hyping the shit of them.

Ya I feel so bad for Intel, is there a charity set up fpr them?

Even if Intel was putting out the better chip and putting them out first, as long as AMD produces a quality competitive chip, some of the market will move to them. Even if it was 50/50 that still wouldnt be bad, 50% is a big chunk too.

This thread smells flamebait. Oh wait, it is! :mad: Why do people who visit the Intel subforum have to deal with this crap every day? I'm sure if I start an anti-AMD post in the AMD forums, all hell breaks loose and the thread will be closed. So why is this crap still tolerated/given a blind eye in here? :confused:

1c3d0g said:
This thread smells flamebait. Oh wait, it is! :mad: Why do people who visit the Intel subforum have to deal with this crap every day? I'm sure if I start an anti-AMD post in the AMD forums, all hell breaks loose and the thread will be closed. So why is this crap still tolerated/given a blind eye in here? :confused:

Its done to show that the average Intel user is a more stable person.

What is wrong with you people? No one is saying Intel is going bankrupt tomorrow, but you must face the facts. It Does look like Intel's peak is history, that can't be denied.

^^^ - Well said perplex. Nothing wrong with discussing the facts, so long as we don't let our emotions get the better of us.
There is no denying what is going on. A quick example would be to compare the stock prices over the last two years
~ Intel vs AMD

I would also point out the difference in quarterly revenue growth (year over year) ~ AMD = 45.50% ... Intel = 6.30%

We also cannot ignore the growing worldwide scrutiny of Intel's alleged illegal, anti-competitive business practices.
i. e. - anti-trust probes and litigation concerning Intel's alleged attempts to monopolize the chip market & squash AMD.

~ Koreans conduct 'dawn raid' of Intel offices
~ Japan antitrust watchdog bites Intel
~ AMD Files Antitrust Suit Against Intel
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just so we're clear, I am not trying to say Intel is going down the tubes. Quite the contrary. Intel still enjoys the lion's
share of the chip market. Especially when you look at the boxmaker numbers. Not to mention the fact that Intel has
cash on hand in the billions. Even so, there is no denying the worldwide chip landscape is changing. As we all know,
competition is usually a good thing for the consumer.

perplex said:
What is wrong with you people? No one is saying Intel is going bankrupt tomorrow, but you must face the facts. It Does look like Intel's peak is history, that can't be denied.
When Conroe hits the scene and runs circles around AMD I want to see what you'll have to say. Meanwhile troll somewhere else, like in your own AMD forum. :)

1c3d0g said:
When Conroe hits the scene and runs circles around AMD I want to see what you'll have to say. Meanwhile troll somewhere else, like in your own AMD forum. :)

Are you stupid? I'm as neutral as it gets, Mr. 1c3d4wg13. I have an AMD desktop and Intel laptop. So why don't You troll somewhere else? We're talking about Intel's performance in the market, not their CPUs so why did you bring that up?

Personally I think Intel's next generation Will be superior to AMD's.

perplex said:
Are you stupid? I'm as neutral as it gets, Mr. 1c3d4wg13. I have an AMD desktop and Intel laptop. So why don't You troll somewhere else? We're talking about Intel's performance in the market, not their CPUs so why did you bring that up?

Personally I think Intel's next generation Will be superior to AMD's.
Mr. Perspiration (hey you started it :p), I'm glad we can agree that Intel will kick ass. ;)

lol, and anyway, Intel hasn't been getting too far cause there's no pressure. They didn't do much becuase they believed AMD wasn't gonna catch up as fast as they are. Now they are, all intel's gotta do is release a couple of things that have been sittin there and Smack, AMD's on the ground crying :)

StealthyFish said:
lol, and anyway, Intel hasn't been getting too far cause there's no pressure. They didn't do much becuase they believed AMD wasn't gonna catch up as fast as they are. Now they are, all intel's gotta do is release a couple of things that have been sittin there and Smack, AMD's on the ground crying :)

If your way of thinking was correct in that Intel has "things" sittin there that could make AMD cry, why the hell would they let themselves lose market share like they have? Thats foolish thinking,IMO.

perplex said:
Hope so, for Intel's sake. Otherwise this seems like the beginning of the end. Every empire in history has fallen.

lol... yeah right, Intel isn't going anywhere.

1c3d0g said:

He didn't troll, he stated what he thought. Your post on the other hand declares Intel's next architecture will be better with no proof, then proceeds to call someone a troll.

lol, if you had something that people bought and they didn't know you had something else better, you'd sit there and let people buy it until you got the most out of it, then plop, new processor, new product, better than before, new and improved, and u no what? People will flock. So you just got a bunch of money from your old processor, sucked up as much as you could, then moved on

serbiaNem said:
He didn't troll, he stated what he thought. Your post on the other hand declares Intel's next architecture will be better with no proof, then proceeds to call someone a troll.
No, when I come in the Intel forums, I want to see Intel posts, not anti-Intel ones. We're not in the unstable AMD forum, get it? ;)

1c3d0g said:
No, when I come in the Intel forums, I want to see Intel posts, not anti-Intel ones. We're not in the unstable AMD forum, get it? ;)

I havn't seen any "anti-Intel" posts anywhere. All I've seen is some people being delusional or stating what they think is happening to Intel. Read the second part of my first post in the thread. That sums it up.

Edit: I didn't see your post earlier sort of making us friends :) But YOU were in the wrong!

-

By the way, I think we'll be seeing Conroe in action during IDF. I hope it's not some Intel made benchmarks as that'll make AMD !!!!!!s just go crazy instead of shutting them up :cool:

guess its safe to disclose more info on Merom/Conroe/Woodcrest now that IDF has formally begun.

Empoy: I'm looking forward to that...always willing to hear what an Intel employee has to say. ;)

Back