Intel Macs, Bootcamp, and Two Button Mice

NulloModo

Supreme [H]ardness
So I was thinking today, if you wanted to get a Intel Mac and wanted to set it up for dual boot, you obviously wouldn't be able to use windows effectively with Apple's single button mouse.

I am assuming you could plus a two button mouse into a Mac and it would recognize it (never tried, but I can't see why a USB mouse wouldn't work...) but would the 2nd button do anything in MacOS? Could you set it up so you could right click instead of Command-Click (or whatever the Apple button you have to push to emulate right clicking in MacOS)?

first of all, the latest apple mouse.
The "mighty mouse" already has two buttons.
And pretty much any USB mouse will work under OSX with both buttons anyway.

MacOSX has supported right click for years. Most (99.9%) USB mouse will work right out of the box with left-right clicking and all that jazz.

And as the poster above already mentioned the Mighty Mouse that comes packaged standard has left and right click.

I'd add that Apple has had right-clicking as an option in the OS before X, too - I think it was added either to OS 8.5 or 9.

I have a Microsoft notebook mouse and use the right-click on my PowerBook all the time...no problem.

yes, the right click is very functional and easy in OSX. i used to use a microsoft mouse for right click now i use a MM for my pb. the only thing i don't like about the MM is that you have to lift your left finger to right click

Back