Intel LANFest Desertbash Eleven, Phoenix, AZ 7/27-29

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICE_9

2[H]4U
Freaking awesome! :eek:

pwHO2.png

Arizona's Premiere LAN Party is returning July 27th, 28th and 29th, 2012. This year will be bigger than ever with tons of gifts, prizes, and tournaments. As always, we're doing this for the kids. All proceeds from DESERTBASH ELEVEN benefit the Shriners Hospital for Children Transportation fund.

BYOC tickets for DESERTBASH will be available at a special early bird rate of $30. For you non PC gamers: console area tickets (already included in BYOC tickets) will be available at an early bird rate of $12. Early bird pricing ends July 8th at 11:59pm PST. After this pre-pay time, online tickets will be unavailable and you will need to purchase a ticket the day of the event. At the door, BYOC tickets will be $40 and console area tickets will be $15. (If BYOC seats and/or console space is available)

The first 204 gamers that prepay for a BYOC seat will be able to reserve a seat in the extra roomy VIP section. If you want to pick your seat and have some extra elbow room, be sure to pay NOW! We sell more than 200 seats every year so make sure you get registered and prepaid fast or you may be missing out on the best LAN experience you've ever had!

Expect PC Tournaments, Console Tournaments, Funny Tournaments, Food, Drinks, Prizes, and all kinds of crazy fun for the eleventh annual DESERTBASH Charity LAN!

For questions, suggestions, and comments please email [email protected]. To vote on tournament games, complete this survey and sound off in our forums!

Changes for this year:

Console area: We have console only tickets as well this year with tournaments as well. AZHP will be working on getting those tourneys ready.

Food: We are working on a full time menu so that you don't have to travel outside to get your food. Those Shrine ladies can cook!

See you all there. Will post when new things arise.

Console tickets are available as well. Get in before the price goes up!

Do you have to buy two tickets if you want to bring your PC and Console? Or you can't have them in the same place for tournaments?

The PC ticket gets access for both BYOC and the console area. So, you only need the PC ticket to get both of them.

I am pretty sure my boss reads these threads because each time I show interest in these lans, I magically get scheduled for the weekend the event is planned.

So I am SO not interested in this. There is no way I will ever go to this. No way in the world. I am so not going to this.

(pssst, I really want to go)

No. We have been at the shrine for the last few years.

Huh. I thought they were all at the Chandler location.\

Due to my wonderful company outsourcing my job, my weekends just opened up :D Can I ask how many people have reserved? And if I reserve now and then a buddy of mine does later, is there a chance we can get spots next to each other or is it first come first serve?

Thanks ICE.

Last year’s event was amazing, so much fun and a huge benefit to the Shriners charity. It was however not without its faults. We had terrible internet connectivity issues. We made a promise to everyone that we would do everything in our power to ensure the next event had amazing internet performance. We have been w...orking so hard to resolve this but the current venue is not capable of meeting our infrastructure needs any longer. Despite the Shrine and our efforts attempts to find solutions, we are simply unable to bring adequate and affordable high speed internet to that venue.

We kicked around the idea of making the event “retro only” which would mean only classic games that require no internet to play. After surveying everyone however, there doesn’t seem to be enough interest to make a large scale 3 day retro event feasible. Additionally, our alternate location is undergoing construction during the summer and is not available either.

It is our deepest regret that we have to inform the community that we are closing registration to DESERTBASH 11 and fully refunding all tickets. We decided that we cannot in good conscience throw a bad event for the sake of having one. Refunds will be handled automatically so please give them a few days to process.

For those interested, DESERTBASH and RIGG will be cosponsoring a FREE LAN party at Intel Fab 32 on Sat 7/28/12 from 10-10. They have room for 48 people, a solid internet connection and yes they WILL be playing the online games you all love such as BF3. Registration and event info is here http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/ZNOOSIZNBSLONNXCHCXN/azrigg

Please know that this is not the end of DESERTBASH. We will be doing EVERYTHING in our power to find a new venue that can meet the needs of this amazing charity event. We want to keep the LAN party scene alive in Arizona so please bear with us while we bust our butts to make that happen for you.

Aside from that, if you have info on a venue that can support 200+ people for future DESERTBASH events please contact Christian Pantle (likwidtek) at likwidtek {nospam} @t {nospam} lfest.orgSee More..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back