• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Intel JBOD2224S2DP - Idea requests!

Ensign.Fodder

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 1, 2005
Messages
1,092
Not sure how or why, but I find myself owning a NIB JBOD2224S2DP JBOD array without disks or a head unit to control it.

I don't have 24 2.5" SAS/SATA drives and the unit is 2U more then the wife will allow in the house.

I would consider selling it, but not sure it is the type of product I can move here on FS/FT.

Brainstorming begin now.....
 
Not sure how or why, but I find myself owning a NIB JBOD2224S2DP JBOD array without disks or a head unit to control it.

I don't have 24 2.5" SAS/SATA drives and the unit is 2U more then the wife will allow in the house.

I would consider selling it, but not sure it is the type of product I can move here on FS/FT.

Brainstorming begin now.....

Its a decent array enclosure. They are 1200-1300 new and are a current model. Unfortunately it is 2.5" which for enterprise use is great but many of the prosumer users here are looking for 3.5" units for the ultimate in price/GB. Still, price it right and I would expect someone will snag it.
 
2.5" SAS/SATA so maybe fill with 7.2K laptop drives in massive spindle count stripe/mirror (RAID 01) array and do Hadoop analysis of NSA leaks and find the next Snowden?

I had checked pricing and knew that at X% off list someone would take it. My nature is to want to find a use instead, but if you can solve for X let me know.

Thanks
 
Back
Top