Intel Ivy Bridge Retail Shipments Came in Monday

I really, really hope it's getting released today instead of the 29th. I'm F5'ing the crud out of some e-tailer sites right now.

By my calculations it's at the moment of writing: 2h20min to go. I could be wrong, f*cking time zones.

Hmmm, that's interesting. Wonder if it's just a paper launch today tho with the actual release on the 29th.

Sonuvabeech I hope not. Eh whatever, I've waited this long, I can wait 6 more days if I will be forced to against my will. :p

Newegg China has Ivy Bridge listed so good chance later tonight or tomorrow it will go live on the USA site.
According to the google translation, the neweeg china site is offering ivy Bridge "Selling pre-sale on the 29th" -- so, 6 more days . . .

Using less power then sandy and faster (without oc'ing) with better onboard gpu that supports 1.4a and directx 11, sounds like a great cpu to me. But agree with [H]'s article (which vanished now), not worth upgrading from sandy bridge.

Well after that review my biggest hope is that the SB prices come down at least a little bit. Not looking good though.

Not in the case of the i7-2600k (the i7-3770k puts zero pressure on it price-wise).

However, the pricing on the i5-3570k (according to TechSpot) puts major pressure on the i5 parts, especially i5-2500k - that $194 price is lower than current SRP for the i5-2500k (and only $15 above MicroCenter's in-store price); the same naturally applies to the rest of the i5 line (SB or IB). It's looking like i5 (not i7) remains the sweet spot for IB, as it was for SB.

They better figure out this heat issue or 14nm will never become a reality with present technology.

Ivy Bridges main selling point is lower power consumption and what that means for the mobile computing sector, this should not of been a surprise to anyone because a lot of us were telling you this back in November when SB-E released and many of you stated you were holding out for IVB. And while Ivy Bridge does run hotter than Sandy Bridge it's still manageable unlike what some of the crazy temps people were reporting with engineering samples. Basically like was stated in the HardOCP review if your building a new rig now there's no reason not to choose Ivy Bridge over Sandy Bridge unless you're able to find a Sandy at a major discount like a Microcenter deal and if your trying to squeeze out lower power consumption from your rig that you run at full load all the time upgrading from SB may be something worth looking at.

Upgrading from a C2D is an easy choice then...:)

Upgrading from LGA775 is pretty much a no-brainer (as it was with Sandy Bridge). The question is now to which CPU (especially since both fit in the same motherboards pretty much in the case of Z77).

For lower overclocking (especially on air or CL water at the low end) Ivy Bridge, not Sandy Bridge, wins, especially in terms of i5-3570k vs. i5-2500k, or in terms of higher-frequency RAM (DDR3-1600 vs. DDR3-1333).

For extremist overclocking, you're pretty much going to need LN2 to get the most out of IB - therefore, Sandy Bridge, not Ivy Bridge, wins here (simply due to cost-benefit analysis).

I'm waiting to see if the first reviews of i5-3570k reflect this.

Upgrading from LGA775 is pretty much a no-brainer (as it was with Sandy Bridge). The question is now to which CPU (especially since both fit in the same motherboards pretty much in the case of Z77).

For lower overclocking (especially on air or CL water at the low end) Ivy Bridge, not Sandy Bridge, wins, especially in terms of i5-3570k vs. i5-2500k, or in terms of higher-frequency RAM (DDR3-1600 vs. DDR3-1333).

For extremist overclocking, you're pretty much going to need LN2 to get the most out of IB - therefore, Sandy Bridge, not Ivy Bridge, wins here (simply due to cost-benefit analysis).

I'm waiting to see if the first reviews of i5-3570k reflect this.

Thanks the 3770K has my interest. The Intel live webcast is still on, its very informative... but so far no mention of higher temps when OC'd. :)

I wonder if microcenter will have any launch specials. I have to be up near the chicago one this saturday...of course the day before Intel launches.

From everything that I've read, they're supposed to "launch" today. I don't see anything available from the usual suspects, though.

Back