Intel Ivy Bridge Processor IPC and Overclocking @ [H]

Best guide for i7 3770K Overclock....

I have a z77 mmciro (assu) and new i7 3770k (air cooled with the Prolima(sp?) - top air cooler) in the bitfinix box. The "auto" ASUS I think put it at 4.1 no voltage change. Running DDR 1600 Vengence 16GB (2 sticks)_.

Any good simple guids for "play with this in EUFI first?"???? So weird not having a bios :)

Well, this is still true. One statement does not negate second one. This is because in hardware terms SET DIFFERENT and UNLOCK are two way different things to do. Unlock mean change function. This is way more difficult to find on Intels if even possible (maybe changing multiplier as I would like to won´t be possible) and I´m not going to do that. It´s like trying to push killswitch while trying options how to NOT get killed. I´ve chosen different way.

No unlocking here guys! Too many options to try, too dangerous to do mistake. Well, maybe in era of AMD K7 it was easy to see the difference on the front side of the CPUs with different frequencies and settings. This is not that easy here, and I´m aiming just for those three resistors on the bottom side. While I slightly change value of those resistors (Have no clue about values yet - lets say from 3K3 to 3K7), it´s quite possible that there will be no harm and I can see differences in bios if any. If it is not that obvious, I´m sory, I´m looking for people more informed, and it is not me, nor you, that´s why I came here to ask, cause I saw some risky stuff here also. Why is this possible breaktrough so surpressed? :)

//P.S.: This is delicate and maybe too technical stuff for some, and english language is not my native. That way I could explain my situation badly, so you would not understand the very core, which can end up looking like straight and rude to even stupid acting in my first posts here. Ehm, wont sissiyng and bit*ing you more, just want to appologize for some mis-understanding. And yes, my nature is too stickler, perfectionist and sticky minded, maybe too disturbing and nit picking for some :)

Back in the days of P3's and even as recent as Core2's there were things possible like pin-mods, and I believe those are still possible on the i series cpu's as well. The thing is not many people go through the difficulty in trying to figure out what pins modify what when we can easily just change the values in the BIOS, and still be working "somewhat" within spec. Honestly your best bet would be to look on Laptop forums as those guys frequently do not have the option to change multi's in the BIOS, and are forced to use pin-mods. I know there are guides out there for chips as recent as the clarkdales, but I don't think I have seen anythng for sandy/ivy myself. Still, even those are just pin mods, either blocking a certain pin from contact, or shorting a certain pin to ground, etc. These are not true cpu mods like in the days of the Athlon where you could change the multiplier with a pencil. I really don't think it is as easy as you think it is to truely change a cpu's default multi and/or bus speed. There are things like svid to contend with as well, (default voltage changing along with multiplier). Times have changed, and in order to best utilize your modern hardware you should probably stick to the 'new' ways of doing things, changing values in the bios and/or using software. As I said, times have changed, and it's not as simple as saying 22 X 200 mhz = 4.4Ghz, and thats your speed, you have turbo bins and speed step and you need to learn how all that stuff works together in order to get the best performance, while using the least power, from your system.

Is it possible to overclock the new Ivy Bridge Celerons? i.e. the G1610

Is it possible to overclock the new Ivy Bridge Celerons? i.e. the G1610

Via the bclk (used to be called FSB/Front Side Bus) only...the multiplier is locked. You can't really get much out of that...a 100 Mhz at best (if even that).

Hmmm I bought a G1610 for 50 on newegg and it's running all my games so maybe I don't need to O/C

Hi guys how are you?

I`m with a strange issue here

Even with my CPU at stock clocks when i run IBT or LinX after a couple of seconds or minutes my screen goes black and comes back with the message that the video driver was crash and recovered....

I have here 2 GTX 780 SLi, my PSU is a CoolerMaster SilentProGold 1200w

With softwares i can the that the 12v line is ok about 12.168

I tried turning off SLI and test some bencks but with both cards attached and i had no errors, the issue here is that i can`t test a stable OC because i always receive this black screens and have to stop the tests, but today i realized that happens with stock clock too?

What i supossed to do? My PSU could be the problem? It`s almost new one?

Thanks

Back