Intel IT management game

cool game. Completly screwed up the first company.
Notice any way to sell the old computers? Or at least delete them?

You have to wait to the end of the day. And no I guess you can't sell computers.

So how far have you all gotten in this? I've been playing for a while now. Seem to be stuck at 24 employees. Profits are over 500,000 and my IT budget is at about 40,000. I still have a stock of servers and laptops too. Does it expand anymore than that or do the profits just keep going up from there?

I have 19 employees. 1 Itainium 2, 1 Itainium1 , 2 Dual Xeon servers. All employees have laptops, half have wireless, half are on the 2 gigabit switches.

gta95 said:
I have 19 employees. 1 Itainium 2, 1 Itainium1 , 2 Dual Xeon servers. All employees have laptops, half have wireless, half are on the 2 gigabit switches.
all folding for the [H] too right? ;)

HA, one of my users just had the error "can't find the ANY key"

fun stuff

Hey guys,

I got an email about "Intel IT Manager Game 2: Play Hacker Invasion!"

Anybody play it?

Heres what it said:

COMING OUT THIS APRIL, ITMG2 IS NOT JUST A SIM

You've got more levels, more environments and more fun. And it's altogether more real.

Your challenges: do you continue with the daily grind and risk burn out or do you head off on holiday; do you focus on work and productivity or do you up your happiness with a little office romance?

Enjoy a privileged preview of Intel IT Manager Game 2

If you think the cap of master of the IT universe fits, why not try it on for size by playing Hacker invasion!?

One of four mini games within ITMG2, Hacker invasion! pushes you to your limits as you struggle to save your company's data tape from sinister hackers.

What's more, as a player of the original Intel IT Manager Game, you get to experience the excitement before anyone else.

Nomikal said:
i can't make a large order of AMD processors...why is that?
Lol.. This is what happens when you click a description on one of the things..

No-Name DesktopsCompanies that are concerned with cost may opt for desktops powered by generic processors. While these desktops can ably perform the most rudimentary functions, they are often less reliable than their better-known counterparts. The cost savings of a generic processor will undoubtedly be offset by the slower processing speeds and the inability to handle high-end applications that have become routine in the e-Business economy.
:p :rolleyes:

Thanks for the link..

This game is addicting. Holy crap, what a geek ive become. My damn no-name server keeps tweakin out. Cant they put smooth wall on the damn thing?

And every time a new employee comes, I give them one of my crapbox destop pcs. They start sleeping, get frustraited and leave. Damn ungrateful bastards. This game doesnt go nearly deep enough into how frustraiting IT support can be.

Im also getting pissed that I cant add a friggen NIC to my server. Its flashing because it has no NIC, yet I cant drag and drop one on it :mad: .

the same way you fix everything else.

i seriously hate this new version. the new games, minesweeper? annoy me.

ok im around the #100 ranked company and this is just annoying as piss. i can't even click 2 websites without the alarm going off that a computer has gone down. i have around 20 employees. its insane and annoying.

where is the TPS report server?

i havnt played in a few days, but heres a hint, your call center doesnt need laptops like in version 1.. they perform over 100% with the top desktop
but i couldnt get my networking over 50%, even with 4 itanium servers and as many 100mb switches as i could get.

i got to rank 53 or so and havent played since

The production is best with desktops, I still use laptops for the Sales and Executives though because they go into meetings a lot.

I got up to 30s and im bored as of now

ooh whoops didnt know there was more levels
but as of right now i was the highest ranked regional business (45th Aqua Pools)

Are there any tricks to beating the virus game with the bombs.. I can't seem to win that one ever.

Intel1317 said:
Are there any tricks to beating the virus game with the bombs.. I can't seem to win that one ever.

yeah, thats the only one i can't win.

also, what is the best way to increase networking productivity? i think i've killed mine cuz i purchased too many switches (clicked add more than i wanted to) and i went ahead and installed them so they are sitting there not being used. i seem to hover around 20-30% and i have maxed out all 4 server racks.

currently i'm 600 something out of the 6000 something companies.

my productivity is going down the tube :(
I just cannot afford anything nice at all :(

so i have 4 itanium2 servers with 10 GbE + WLAN, 3 switches (2 used), and all my production has Pentium D desktops, sales + exec have core duo laptops, what is next?

Is it just me, or does it seem odd that every time a PC is put back into inventory the NIC is yanked out?

Back