Intel Introduces mSATA Solid-State Drive

HardOCP News

[H] News
Intel Corporation announced today the Intel® Solid-State Drive 525 Series (Intel SSD 525 Series) in a small mSATA form factor with 6-gigabit-per-second (Gb/s) performance. The Intel SSD 525 Series gives OEM customers, channel and tech enthusiasts an ultra-portable, low-power storage solution in one-eighth the space of a traditional 2.5-inch hard disk drive (HDD) to drive innovative Ultrabook™, tablet and embedded applications.

Give me a 256 gig mSATA drive for $100, I'd be all over it. I doubt I'd get it for under $200 though.

Very cool. Wish they were available cheap already. Future of mSata SSD looks good.

Kind of late to the game? Well atleast there are more competition now, been eying a 256GB m4 for $200.
Then you have double layer Altas at about 500GB for $420ish?

I need this.

7200rpm drive for files, 256GB mSATA boot/application drive.

I just want to toss it into my Acer W700. The 128 gb mSATA in there is just too limiting. After OS and programs, I've dropped down to half capacity. Then I toss on my music and videos (which I have a duplicate copy on all my systems) and I'm down to about 30 gigs free. 256 gig would be the sweet spot.

Now, if I could only find an mITX m/b that supports 6GB mSATA. Hopefully soon.

Back