• Up to 133 MHz SGRAM / SDRAM Support
• Display Resolution up to 1600x1200x16 at 85Hz refresh rate
• 250 MHz Integrated 24-bit RAMDAC
• Optional 3.3V/ 1.8V TV-Out Encoder Support
• ACPI Compliant Power Management
• PC98 and PC99 compliant
• DDC1 and DDC2B support"

i752
The chip i752 (code named "Portola") is the new generation 2D/3D graphics controller from Intel. It should be 5 times better than the i740. It includes 2D graphics, 3D rendering and digital video acceleration. The i752 also features AGP 2X.
752.jpg

According to Intel the power of the 752 set is found in:

The 3D visual quality being enhanced using Intels new HyperPipelined 3D architecture. The Pixel Precise Engine includes new features as a 16 tap anisotropic filter, emboss bump mapping, texture compression, and texture compositing.

Enhanced digital video streams from a wide variety of input sources: VCR, camcorder, TV tuner, MPEG-2, and Web video streams. Software DVD is accelerated through a high-precision hardware-based motion compensation algorithm.

A 128-bit 2D engine and support for high-resolution flat panels.

You find the 752 graphics controller integrated in the Intel chip set 810.

i754
The chip i754 (code named "Portola") is the next generation of this Graphics chipset, featuring AGP4X.
A later high-end version is code named Capitola.

Yeah, it was just integrated graphics.

It wouldn't surprise me if Intel made a standalone version for integration and test, but I don't think there were any shipping cards.

Yeah, it was just integrated graphics.

It wouldn't surprise me if Intel made a standalone version for integration and test, but I don't think there were any shipping cards.

There was apparently the Joytech Apollo 7520

"With the i752 chip, Intel has enhanced graphics performance to twice the level achieved by the i740, as measured by the 3-D WinBench test suite, Thomas said. The chip pairs a 128-bit 2-D engine with a 250-MHz RAMDAC.

The chip's "Precise Pixel Engine" processes 3 million triangles per second at peak rates, rendering 100 million pixels/s.

The chip's 3D features include support for Intel's AGP 2X interface. Each pixel is only processed with per-pixel accuracy, and the chip does not produce resolutions with 32-bit color depths.

"Intel is certainly keeping up with the Joneses, but they're not bumping any of the Joneses off," Maher said. "What it comes down to is that Intel has big plans for the future in graphics. It's not going away."

As proof, Intel will introduce the i754 or "Coloma" chip in the second half of 1999, which will support the AGP 4X specification.

The i752 will ship in a 421-lead micro-BGA package in the early July to graphics card manufacturers. OEM customers will receive the chip in late July. The i752 will be priced at $19.50 each in 10,000-unit quantities."

Updates and information:

"3.3 i752 chip series graphics card
On April 27, 1999, Intel released i752 (codename: Portola) and i754 (codename: Coloma). The i752 uses a 128Bit graphics core with a core frequency of 100MHz and a maximum memory support of 133MHz and a maximum of 16MB. The pixel fill rate is 100M Pixels/s, the triangle generation speed is 3.3M Trianglws/s, and the built-in 250MHz RAMDAC. It adopts dual pixel pipeline to support environmental atomization, single-cycle texture synthesis, 16-bit Z-buffer, bump map, texture compression and other technologies. In addition, it has improved graphics acceleration performance that can be accelerated for various graphics streaming formats at the time. The difference between the two chips is that one supports AGP2× and one supports AGP4×.
I752 and i754, this is just an improved product of the i740 with limited performance. The i752 chip shipments are limited, and only a small number of graphics cards have been produced by Gainward. The i754 chip project was withdrawn.
3.3.1 Intel752 Reference board
The display chip date of this i752 reference board is 9917."

http://www.cpu-world.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33625&start=30

Back