Intel i5-2500

walwalka

2[H]4U
As the title might suggest, I purchased a Core i5-2500 today. I'm coming to the dark side, cool story bro. What's next? I went with the 2500 because I don't really plan to overclock. I picked up a Gigabyte Z68 board to go with it. Still working on the rest of the build.

Ok now you have the processor and board, you still need to find memory, video card, PSU, and case. When it comes to memory make sure that you get some DDR 3 at 1.5v ±5%. Don't use memory that is rated at 1.65v as it can damage the processor and void the warranty.

I was planning on using G.skill sniper series 1866, It's rated at 1.5v and says it's compatible. I'm excited for this build, it's probably the closest to highest end build I've done so far. Rest of the build is gonna be a Corsair 600T, Corsair TX650M, XFX 6870 1GB, WD caviar Black 1TB, LG Blu-ray drive.

Would have picked up the 2500k anyway. It's barely any more money but has a much higher resell value imo. Grats on the new toys though. The 2500 rips no matter what flavor it is.

I found the 2500 for 185 bucks and both of the micro centers near me are almost 4 hours away. For me the overclocking really isn't important. Otherwise I would have gone and gotten the 2500k.

Really no need for 1866 RAM - 1600 is fine, and even 1333 doesn't cause any performance limitations. Also, might want to check into the Samsung F3 1TB drive - it outperforms the WD Black and is cheaper to boot.

Last edited:
I already own the Black, and Other than my tv(owned it before samsung fucked me) I will never own a single samsung product again.. I also stepped down to the 1600 because it was 25 bucks cheaper, when I was first looking at it the 1866 was 65 bucks and the 1600 was 59. I figured why not.

Ok now you have the processor and board, you still need to find memory, video card, PSU, and case. When it comes to memory make sure that you get some DDR 3 at 1.5v ±5%. Don't use memory that is rated at 1.65v as it can damage the processor and void the warranty.

are you serious? I have 1.65 memory on my sandy right now

I ordered a little less expensive board this time, I don't plan to overclock. If any just a little. The Gigabyte board should be well for that.

But the one review said the board I bought Got the 2500k up to 5Ghz, When I get an unlocked chip I'll have a go.

Last edited:
Back