Intel haswell psu question

Did they explicitly say not compatible or Haswell just isn't on the list? Parts manufacturers rarely update compatibility lists.

That should run a Haswell rig no problem.

Even if it didn't you can just disable some of the power saving features and it should work fine anyways.. you just will get higher idle power consumption.

My buddy just bought a 4770k and asus iv extreme motherboard. With his 1475 thermaltake psu, his cpu is stuck at 0.77ghz. Tried exchanging everything, and obviously there is some compatibility issue with haswell.

Are you sure its the PSU? I wouldnt recommend Thermaltake either. Mostly rebadged HEC.

Most current models that are 80 plus should work just fine. I dont recommend if its a Passive PFC unit. Those are usually gutless wonders and cannot maintain stable voltage with low ripple.

If it has a 115 220 switch on the back then return it for a Corsair or Seasonic built unit.

My buddy just bought a 4770k and asus iv extreme motherboard. With his 1475 thermaltake psu, his cpu is stuck at 0.77ghz. Tried exchanging everything, and obviously there is some compatibility issue with haswell.

There is no power supply issue that would cause the cpu to run a slow speeds. Either a power supply will work and the computer will boot or it won't work and the computer won't boot. He probably set the power management in windows to low power or whatever it's called.

When I first got my Haswell I hooked it up with a 10 year old 400w Enermax with the 4 pin aux connector and it worked perfectly fine. The only compatibility issues are with some low power sleep states where you tell the computer to go to sleep and it will just shut off. Just don't use sleep or turn off the low power sleep state.

Seasonic says its not compatible but i was wondering if you guys\gals used your older psu with no problems?

Seasonic says it's not compatible with C6 and C7 power states.

Last edited:
He overclocked his 4770k to 4.5 ghz and its stuck at 0.77ghz in windows. It wont go up at all in windows, even if you play game or use 100% cpu usage. He exchange Asus VI extreme motherboard and cpu once. Still not working.

Once the power states are handed off to the OS it sounds like min/max power state has been adjusted in Windows. Go to power options in CP and change the maximum power state to 100%

Back