Intel GPU pricing revealed?

Since MSRP doesn't exist anymore, I'm not even sure why they want to reveal the pricing. From now on its $_xxxx__?

Since MSRP doesn't exist anymore, I'm not even sure why they want to reveal the pricing. From now on its $_xxxx__?
Why do people keep saying that. GPU chip makers have to set a MSRP to give consumer a base reference. Now if AIB partners of Intel, Nvidia, AMD choose to overcharge, that's not on Nvidia, AMD, Intel issue. I personally don't buy AIB cards, so for me MSRP absolutely matters. If I can't get it at MSRP of the original manufactuer; I'm not buying.

Why do people keep saying that. Manufacturers have to set a MSRP to give consumer a base reference. Now if AIB partners of Intel, Nvidia, AMD choose to overcharge, that's not on Nvidia, AMD, Intel issue. I personally don't buy AIB cards, so for me MSRP absolutely matters. If I can't get it at MSRP then I'm not buying.
The big issue is manufacturers don't update their MSRP properly (or have not in the last few years) and so us consumers are left imagining prices are way over inflated. Don't get me wrong - there is gouging and people taking advantage of shortages but the manufacturers are also to blame not updating MSRP promptly (especially on their own sites) until new stock comes in from them - then they say there is going to be a pricing increase. They should let us know ahead of time so we can shop smartly.

Why do people keep saying that. GPU chip makers have to set a MSRP to give consumer a base reference. Now if AIB partners of Intel, Nvidia, AMD choose to overcharge, that's not on Nvidia, AMD, Intel issue. I personally don't buy AIB cards, so for me MSRP absolutely matters. If I can't get it at MSRP of the original manufactuer; I'm not buying.
Exactly, you wont be purchasing this or any other graphics card from Intel, AMD or Nvidia at MSRP, so it doesn't exist.

The big issue is manufacturers don't update their MSRP properly (or have not in the last few years) and so us consumers are left imagining prices are way over inflated. Don't get me wrong - there is gouging and people taking advantage of shortages but the manufacturers are also to blame not updating MSRP promptly (especially on their own sites) until new stock comes in from them - then they say there is going to be a pricing increase. They should let us know ahead of time so we can shop smartly.
For the most part that is the AIB partners. That's exactly why I called them out. Nvidia and AMD is not going to randomly change MSRP for an already released product without giving a heads up months in advance.

For the most part that is the AIB partners. That's exactly why I called them out. Nvidia and AMD is not going to randomly change MSRP for an already released product without giving a heads up months in advance.
Agreed, another issue (and I know it's one because when I got my graphics card I spoke to the company selling it and they gave me an explanation that makes sense) is that people are no longer buying most of their parts from one company. When I bought my video card I already had all the other parts ready and the seller told me they could bring the pricing down if I could buy some other parts from them - of course I told them I had them already and they said this is the same story over and over. Therefore they needed to drive the prices up to make up some of the margins they were losing on not selling other stuff - after scrambling for 3 months trying to get a video card almost daily I was okay paying more then MSRP. Prices would probably come down more if people gave more business to one place rather then just the graphics card - my 2 cents worth! PS I got in the que for EVGA to upgrade my card and when it did come available they told me pricing had gone up on the cards and I would have to pay more now for the trade up : (

I can't keep but wondering why anyone cares what the price is, when has Intel ever managed to build a graphics card that anyone would care about putting into their gaming rig. I want to see performance long before I even care about price.

Last edited:
I can keep but wondering why anyone cares what the price is, when has Intel ever managed to build a graphics card that anyone would care about putting into their gaming rig. I want to see performance long before I even care about price.
People seem to be desperate for literally anything nowadays, price be damned.

I like how you americans are complaining when you can at least pick up MSRP cards in a local store. Us european customers have been stuck forever now to select online stores that drops a couple of Nvidia sponsored rebate AIB "MSRP cards" at random intervals. Recently some have started auctioning purchase spots but you don't know when those are going to occur so you have to wait until you hopefully get a chance to be part of the lottery draw at whatever time that will occur that is. It's either that or buy the cards for 2x the price. xD What good does the "notify me when product is in stock" when the basket is empty 1 min later, I can't dedicate my life to following my email and be ready to hit the purchase order within a half min at random intervals.

At this point I rather give up PC gaming altogether than buy a new card for a unreasonable price or with this much bloody effort. I was going to pick up a 3060 Ti at launch for myself but the product I put in for a order were a model that after waiting maybe 2 of months could no longer be shipped for whatever reason and by that time the pricing and availability was already fcked. I tried again with 3070 Ti launch but missed the boat then as well.

Now Intel is my last hope. :p

Last edited:
I like how you americans are complaining when you can at least pick up MSRP cards in a local store. Us european customers have been stuck forever now to select online stores that drops a couple of Nvidia sponsored rebate AIB "MSRP cards" at random intervals. Recently some have started auctioning purchase spots but you don't know when those are going to occur so you have to wait until you hopefully get a chance to be part of the lottery draw at whatever time that will occur that is. It's either that or buy the cards for 2x the price. xD What good does the "notify me when product is in stock" when the basket is empty 1 min later, I can't dedicate my life to following my email and be ready to hit the purchase order within a half min at random intervals.

At this point I rather give up PC gaming altogether than buy a new card for a unreasonable price or with this much bloody effort. I was going to pick up a 3060 Ti at launch for myself but the product I put in for a order were a model that after waiting maybe 2 of months could no longer be shipped for whatever reason and by that time the pricing and availability was already fcked. I tried again with 3070 Ti launch but missed the boat then as well.

Now Intel is my last hope. :p
Well, you are a Wizard! You haven't completed the "Summon Video Card" quest yet?

At this point I've only managed to summon wood screws so far but I'm working on it!
il_fullxfull.1100891615_8jnj.jpg

Try using this wand - you might move up to summing a two by four plank!

I can't keep but wondering why anyone cares what the price is, when has Intel ever managed to build a graphics card that anyone would care about putting into their gaming rig. I want to see performance long before I even care about price.
I have pretty high hopes for these, their XE graphics have been pretty good in the igpu space, and intel is investing a lot in these.

They showed these off during a few of sessions at the Intel Innovation event yesterday with some real time ray tracing running good in Metro exodus, XESS and some other things, it's actually looking pretty promising.

I have pretty high hopes for these, their XE graphics have been pretty good in the igpu space, and intel is investing a lot in these.

They showed these off during a few of sessions at the Intel Innovation event yesterday with some real time ray tracing running good in Metro exodus, XESS and some other things, it's actually looking pretty promising.
That's good to hear. Your the first person to post any first hand experience with these that I've seen. It's tiring when all you hear are rumors.

Back