Intel extreme tuning utility/power supply ?s

stealthballer123

Limp Gawd
Does anyone understand how this thing works? On my i5 it could overclock to 3.5ghz steady but with the i7 no matter what I set the wattage to it pretty much runs stock wit upgraded power supply . I thought I had a bad chip, but I had a power supply that wasn't pushing enough watts to the cpu for it to run at full speed so I swapped my 90 watter for a 120 watter and that took care of the clocking.

Does it hurt anything that I put a higher wattage psu to push the i7? You could buy the i7 as an option originally so I assumed it would work, would they have swapped the power supply when you did that upgrade originally? I guess what I am asking regarding the power supply is am I going to blow up my mobo now? Temps are great, sub 80c across everything @ load(furmark and cpu z stress test)

one core does randomly run 7-10c hotter than the rest, I think this is my first i7, is that normal?

It's a clevo w110er if anyone has experience with that specific chassis

Does anyone understand how this thing works? On my i5 it could overclock to 3.5ghz steady but with the i7 no matter what I set the wattage to it pretty much runs stock wit upgraded power supply . I thought I had a bad chip, but I had a power supply that wasn't pushing enough watts to the cpu for it to run at full speed so I swapped my 90 watter for a 120 watter and that took care of the clocking.

Does it hurt anything that I put a higher wattage psu to push the i7? You could buy the i7 as an option originally so I assumed it would work, would they have swapped the power supply when you did that upgrade originally? I guess what I am asking regarding the power supply is am I going to blow up my mobo now? Temps are great, sub 80c across everything @ load(furmark and cpu z stress test)

one core does randomly run 7-10c hotter than the rest, I think this is my first i7, is that normal?

It's a clevo w110er if anyone has experience with that specific chassis

I am not 100% understanding here. Are you saying that you have a 120 watts PSU pushing the I7 or are you regarding to a higher wattage CPU?

Back