intel Extreme Graphics --- POS?

Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
1
My computer, that i purchased yesterday, came with intel extreme graphics 64mb yea it sucks i know. I am most likely getting a 9600xt tonight, but until then I want to make sure theres not something extremely wrong with my computer.

I installed counter-strike plus the patch for 1.5 and set up the graphics the way I like. I then joined a server, same old deal.

5 seconds into my first round.... the cmoputer completley freezes. Nonresponsive to anything... so I turn off the power strip and restart.

This keeps happening after DLing the latest drivers, the latest directx, and reconfiguring the graphics.

I installed steam to see if it was just a 1.5 problem. I open the steam menu to find servers and then it froze.



Does this sound like a video card issue? Either way I will probably pick up a card at compusa.
 
Sounds like maybe a ram or processor overheating issue more than video...and yes The Intel "extreme graphics" aren't much good for any current games but it might work ok at low resolutions for the original half life engine.
 
intel extreme graphics isnt quite as powerful but it definately runs CS very smooths. Runs many quake III engine games pretty well to.
 
If its freezing just looking for servers... its likely more than a video issue.
 
i used to have an intel extreme graphics 32 mb and it ran cs very smooth. i would second the ram reply
 
Back
Top