Intel Expands Partnership with NBA

HardOCP News

[H] News
Intel Corporation’s unique three-dimensional 360-degree replay technology is being used during the NBA Conference Finals and The Finals as part of national broadcast games on ABC, ESPN and Turner Sports. Intel’s 360 replay technology was also used during the 2016 NBA All Star Game in Toronto. Intel’s technology, installed in several playoff arenas, brings fans closer to the action through thrilling 360-degree replays and highlights. A single video replay using massive data collected from ultra-high-definition cameras will enable viewers to virtually fly around the action and see it from almost every conceivable angle, providing unparalleled views into the game.

Oh neat. Can you do this on a DVR broadcast? So that when you watch the game over you can get different views?

I really would love to see this camera technology get better and better with more options for the viewers. I see the future of live event broadcasts like professional sports and concerts being broadcast 360 degrees for use with VR headsets. It would be really cool to immerse yourself into a live game or concert with use of something like this. Imagine this in racing as well being able to choose the car you want to be placed in via VR headset and cameras in and all around the vehicle. That would be so sweet and I really think it makes since for sports. Talk about having the best seat in the house!

Can't stand the TattooFL league. If I have to watch gangsters play a sport, I'll go NFL :)

i'm curious to see how this will work in the NFL. You have alot more players on the field and less people going up in the air compared to an NBA game. Looks like it will be easier to focus on one player up in the air with the ball from numerous angles.

But we shall see..

Back