Intel E7400 OC thread / temps / safe voltage?

Beasy89

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 23, 2009
Messages
181
Hi, I recently got this processor and it's prime 95 stable at:

3.6GHZ
Max temp during prime 95: 48c
Average temp on prime 95: 45c
Voltage: 1.34

On Air, and coretemp reports tjmax 100c? Is 48c running too high 24/7 or do you think the chip will degrade over time?

Also is 1.17 VID on a e8400 good, or is that high for a e8400? Guy wants to trade me for the e7400 + $20 cash...so I think $20 is a pretty solid deal, that is if the e8400 is a good one, because I think I got a pretty descent e7400 oc right now.
 
48°C is really pretty far away from Tjunction Max, which is basically when the chip considers itself hot.

Voltage will have a larger impact on chip degradation as opposed to temperatures, but both of yours seem fine. 45nm chips seem to have voltage and temperature ceilings of approximately 1.4v and 100°C respectively, approximately because it isn't a hard line drawn in the sand. Each chip will be slightly different.
 
Back
Top