Intel DZ68DB overclocking options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabrewulf165

2[H]4U
I'm interested in this board but am wondering if it has any overclocking ability with K-series chips. I know the Z68 chipset is supposed to combine the ability to use Intel graphics with the ability to overclock, but this isn't exactly a high-end board, and there are plenty of Z68 boards with no video connectors, so it's clear that neither aspect is a given.

Please no lectures about overclocking with an Intel board, I'm well aware. Mostly just prefer an Intel-branded board for all the other reasons, but would at least like the option to do a little OCing if the mood strikes me.

Thanks for any help :)

Last edited:
Haha I have just had this board sent me to and I am going to overclock it with a Intel® Core™ i7-2600K. The motherboard group knew that I was going to overclock it so I would have to say while there are boards that maybe friendier to overclock there is no reason for this board not to be overclocked (with a processor that support it).

I just have to find the time to change out the board and then set up the overclock on it along with the new SSD for Intel SRT (Smart Response Technology).

I'm interested in this board but am wondering if it has any overclocking ability with K-series chips. I know the Z68 chipset is supposed to combine the ability to use Intel graphics with the ability to overclock, but this isn't exactly a high-end board, and there are plenty of Z68 boards with no video connectors, so it's clear that neither aspect is a given.

Please no lectures about overclocking with an Intel board, I'm well aware. Mostly just prefer an Intel-branded board for all the other reasons, but would at least like the option to do a little OCing if the mood strikes me.

Thanks for any help :)

I just received my Intel DP67BGB3. I could have picked up a Z68 board, but I went for the P67 Extreme Series anyway. I can tell you its the jam, as I didn't really need the Z features anyway AND overclocking is superb.

As far as Intel boards and overclocking go, it's not 2003 anymore. I had a fantastic Pentium 4 board made by Intel, the D865PERL. It basically didn't have overclocking features at all, but it was rock solid for 8 years before it got "retired" (it was stolen).
The Extreme series boards for 1366 and 1155 (all two of them) are where you want to be if overclocking is a concern. I'm sure the Z68 board you're looking at will satisfy any K series overclocking desires you have, but consider getting the DP67BG, even if it is $180.

Heh, that's actually exactly what I ended up doing, and pretty much for the exact same reasons as you.

Haha, I had the D865PERL too! It did let you overclock, mildly. You could select between 2%,4% and 8% OC settings. My board still runs flawlessly to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back