Intel DZ68BC

DejaWiz

Fully [H]
Anyone have any experience with one, either good or bad?

I'm debating on getting this board to use with a 2500K, but I'm also thinking about saving money and going with an Asus P8Z68-V LE.

I'm also inclined to just wait a few more months for Z77 and Ivy Bridge, as I'm assuming both cpu and mobo will be around the same prices.

Advice, thoughts, etc?

I have this motherboard and so far it's rock solid. No problems at all. Nice layout and have my 2600k OC'd to 4.5ghz at 1.29v. It doesn't have any fancy bells and whistles. Been running fine for the last two to three months.

It has a nice warranty which in past experience Intel has been rather quick with replacement wise, which has been rarely needed in the last 12 years I've bought Intel branded motherboards.

Only downside most people may have with it is its non-uefi bios. One major plus is it has the latest Intel onboard nic rather than Realtek or Marvel.

I am biased though. Whenever I build a new system I ALWAYS wait for the Intel branded motherboard. Had way too many issues with other manufacturers in the past. Especialy on the RMA front. *shudder*

Sorry I got to your message so late and hope I was of some help.

I have one. I got it as part of a bundle deal, so I didn't have much choice. It's a nice board overall, although it has a few quirks. The BIOS is a bit annoying to navigate, and some of the more advanced features are hidden away in sub-menus or given obscure names. Overclocking performance is also a bit disappointing, although I'm not sure if that's because of the board or because I didn't end up with a great chip. The motherboard layout is good, although there aren't enough fan headers. Coming from an ASUS motherboard, I also miss the Q-Connector and Q-Shield. The bundle that comes with the board is quite nice though. It includes a bunch of nice locking SATA cables, an SLI bridge (though unfortunately not the flexible kind), and an internal Wi-Fi/Bluetooth adapter that connects to a USB header and sticks to the inside of your case.

Feature-wise, it is very nice. If you plan on using the IGP, it has DisplayPort, HDMI, and DVI on the back. It has four USB3 ports (two internal and two external) and four SATA3 ports (two from the chipset and two from an extra controller). Two of the USB2 ports on the back are also connected to standby power, so you can use them to recharge devices over USB even when the computer is off. The NIC uses an Intel chipset, which is also a very good feature.

Basically, it's a good board, but if I had the choice, I would have gone ASUS instead.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies! Definitely nice to hear that they are stable performers. I'm still debating between the Z77 version (if there is going to be one, that is) or an Asus board when IB comes to market.

I would like UEFI, so if Intel doesn't include it with the future board, well, then I know which route I'm going to go.

Thanks for the clarification. So it is, in fact, UEFI without a GUI.
Well, it has a GUI. It's just a traditional-style BIOS UI rather than one of the new fancy mouse-and-keyboard interfaces.

Well, it has a GUI. It's just a traditional-style BIOS UI rather than one of the new fancy mouse-and-keyboard interfaces.

That's exactly what I was trying to interpret the Intel board's BIOS as: a UEFI BIOS with a traditional BIOS-style UI. The same holds true with the recent Gigabyte LGA 1155 mobos (their X79 mobos are the first Gigabyte boards to use the new fancier mouse-and-keyboard GUI).

That's exactly what I was trying to interpret the Intel board's BIOS as: a UEFI BIOS with a traditional BIOS-style UI. The same holds true with the recent Gigabyte LGA 1155 mobos

Actually the GB boards are not the same they are actually not UEFI at all they are crusty old awrad bios with a dirty EFI boot hack in.

Although they are starting to transit over to a proper AMI UEFI solution and have moved some 6 series boards over already (mainly some new H61 models) as well as the X79 you have already mentioned.
TBH I really do not give a flying flip if a BIOS has a gui but I think they really should all have UEFI by now.

I have tentatively decided on the Intel DZ68BC board for a new build primarily due to a variety of consumer complaints with the QC & service Asus & Gigabyte provides. I have no plans to OC past 4K with the i7-2600K & Hyper 212 EVO so the Intel DZ68BC hopefully will suit my needs. Im sure the the Asus P8P67 Deluxe which is priced the same is a fine board but as mentioned i dont need any service problems associated with Asus since i normally purchase all the various build components at intervals and it might be past 30 days before i get around to completing the build for testing. Then you have to deal directly with the component manufacturer. JMO & as we all know Intel MB components fail also out of the retail box.

Asus P8P67 Deluxe:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131701

Intel DZ68BC:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121533&Tpk=intel dz68bc

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/desktop-board-dz68bc.html

Regards & Good Luck whatever your decision, ;)

I saw the $10 price drop and 10% off code yesterday. Wish I had my tax return back...

Back