intel DP965LT motherboard??

HRJustin

n00b
i was just wondering i just ordered an Intel BOXDP965LTCK retail version from newegg. i havnt got it in the mail yet but im was just wondering if there is anything i should be worried about when i get this board. im going to be getting the e6420 core 2 duo to go with it here soon and then the rest of the components. i didn't really want to overclock and i really want something stable that i can leave up pretty much 24/7. i thought that it was a reasonable price and it has all of the stuff that i need and nothing extra that i wouldn't use like some of the other board that are around the same but from other companies. the main reason i went with it is because i thought it would be the most stable and easiest to set up then from another company. i read some of the comments about the BIOS updates so im kinda worried about that but id like to know some opinions about this board or other things i should when setting it up.

thanks in advance for anyone who posts about this. :p:D :) :) :)

so no one will even comment about the board im getting it should be here tomorrow in the mail i just wanted to know some people opinions about it and what to expect when i set everything up with it.

can't really go wrong with any of the mainline Intel boards. I'm running a DG965WHMKR and it's rock solid; the only thing you might want to be concerned about really is that your power supply is plenty capable because bad power supplies can render an otherwise stable system "iffy", and make sure that your DDR2 memory is 1.8v, that's pretty important if you're running an official Intel board. That being said, in my board I have a pair of Corsair DIMMs which are rated at higher than 1.8v, and they're running OK, so YMMV. Good luck!

yea i know the power supply is really important i have another thread about them in the power supply section. i think the one that ive been leaning to that seems like a good brand and has everything that i need http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104954 FSP seems like a good brand from what ive read and its got the amps and watts i need for the video card and everything else. and its a good price for what i was wanting to spend for a power supply. i want it to be dependable so i want a good name brand and FSP seems like a good one so please post some comments about it.

ive been reading about the memory issues and ive had these kingston ones recommended to me and the price just went down i was only going to buy one stick of 1gig but the price went down so im just going to get the two pack unless they go back up in price.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134046

I'm running DP965LT with E6400. Booted 1st time had no problems. Bios revisions shouldn't be problem unless you have a problem that the revisions fix. My bios 1503 came with board (rev5) and has not given any problems. Newer boards (rev6+) allow raid and a few more features. To me a stable and dependable board, like a Chevy Suburban compared to a Cad Escallade.

yea i know the power supply is really important i have another thread about them in the power supply section. i think the one that ive been leaning to that seems like a good brand and has everything that i need http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104954 FSP seems like a good brand from what ive read and its got the amps and watts i need for the video card and everything else. and its a good price for what i was wanting to spend for a power supply. i want it to be dependable so i want a good name brand and FSP seems like a good one so please post some comments about it.

ive been reading about the memory issues and ive had these kingston ones recommended to me and the price just went down i was only going to buy one stick of 1gig but the price went down so im just going to get the two pack unless they go back up in price.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134046

Yep, that Kingston pack is a great choice, used it a couple of times already and I have known for a long time that Kingston tends to be very good... I can't really comment on the Fortron PSUs though, if you're not too sure about your PSU, you usually can't go very wrong with an Antec, their warranty support is very good, Thermaltake tends to be good and SeaSonic is stellar, as well as Corsair which is made by SeaSonic. Good luck!

Back