• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Intel DH67BL Video Issue

obviouslytom

Extremely [H]
2FA
Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Messages
38,946
I know I am running an older system, but it still works great for me. I am running the Intel DH67BL with an i7 2600k 3.4ghz cpu. I did have an ATI 5850 as my main video card and it worked fine. I recently purchased an ATI R9 290 and it will not post at all when that card is in place. I have made sure that it is seated properly and its getting the power it needs.

I have gone through all the bios settings I could think of. Does anyone know what I could possibly be missing? I have even pulled the battery and reset everything on the system with no luck. I know the video card works because I put it in another system and it boots right up.

Here is a link to the manual for the board.
Intel® Desktop Board DH67BL
 
How do I do that outside of windows? I had a bios update for it on a usb drive and it wouldn't take.
 
It tells you how to do it in the notes for the BIOS.
 
Granted it was almost 1am when I was trying to get the BIOS update to work and being sick didn't help.
 
So it turns out that I am on BIOS version 119 and the most recent is 160. I don't know why, but when I followed the steps on the Intel site on how to do the bootable USB for the BIOS, I couldn't get it to work. I was able to boot back into windows and I am doing the update through there.

And it worked! From what I read, this issue was fixed with the 151 release so shame on me for not keeping the system up to date.

Thanks for help anyway!
 
So it turns out that I am on BIOS version 119 and the most recent is 160. I don't know why, but when I followed the steps on the Intel site on how to do the bootable USB for the BIOS, I couldn't get it to work. I was able to boot back into windows and I am doing the update through there.

And it worked! From what I read, this issue was fixed with the 151 release so shame on me for not keeping the system up to date.

Thanks for help anyway!

In fairness, you're not supposed to update your BIOS unless it solves a problem you're having. So you did the right thing here.
 
Back
Top