• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Intel Development centers

German Muscle

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Aug 2, 2005
Messages
7,289
i think i saw this somewhere a while back where intel rotates through certain development centers for chips. They dont use them back to back. I cant remember which ones made what chips and how the cycle goes. Any help?
 
i think i saw this somewhere a while back where intel rotates through certain development centers for chips. They dont use them back to back. I cant remember which ones made what chips and how the cycle goes. Any help?

NetBurst - USA; Core - Israel; Nehalem - USA; Sandy Bridge - Israel; Haswell - USA.

Pretty much USA focused on increasing performance, Israel on lowering power consumption.
 
Yea that is funny because the difference between the Intel® Pentium® 4 and D and the Intel Core™ 2 Duo and Quard was one of the biggest performance upgrades in both power and performance that we have ever had.
 
Yea that is funny because the difference between the Intel® Pentium® 4 and D and the Intel Core™ 2 Duo and Quard was one of the biggest performance upgrades in both power and performance that we have ever had.
To this day, I still don't see how back then NetBurst won out over a 're-design' of the Pentium 3 (which eventually became the Pentium M/Core)
 
To this day, I still don't see how back then NetBurst won out over a 're-design' of the Pentium 3 (which eventually became the Pentium M/Core)

Because Northwood was the one that managed to get a LOT of performance improvements. Prescott had some serious design issues, like not enough execution units to actually DO the work, that is why performance barely improved, mostly due to clock, but power usage was increased.
 
To this day, I still don't see how back then NetBurst won out over a 're-design' of the Pentium 3 (which eventually became the Pentium M/Core)

This happened before I was working for Intel® so I don't have an answer to this one.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
 
Back
Top