Intel D975XBX!!!!!!

holy snapple!
d975xbxlg5uc.jpg

looks nice. What CPU is it supposed to support? DDR3? Both Crossfire/SLI support?
Okay..nevermind. It supports DDR2. I thought Intel wanted to release DDR3...

Gotta give them some props for the MOSFET heatsinks. I haven't looked into it really but isn't the 975 suspose to support crossfire and sli?

swatbat said:
Gotta give them some props for the MOSFET heatsinks. I haven't looked into it really but isn't the 975 suspose to support crossfire and sli?

Yup, like someone else said both are supported. SLI will work on the 975X boards with proper driver support. I'm buying the first 975X motherboard on the market whether it be from Asus or Gigabyte.

pretty nice....haha I've seen that Northbridge heatsink is as big as some CPU heatsinks, but still this motherboard looks pretty sweet.

I thought Nvidia, said they didnt want SLI supported on Intel chipsets, as they think it would hurt there sales on the Nforce 4 chipsets?

Lazy_Moron said:
I thought Nvidia, said they didnt want SLI supported on Intel chipsets, as they think it would hurt there sales on the Nforce 4 chipsets?

This is what doesnt make sense to me. Wouldnt the sales made selling 2 cards for SLI more than make up for the lost chipset sales?

Damn, I first thought that pic was chopped. That looks like a sweet motherboard.

But I'm still holding out for Conroe. Just...8 more months.

That is an EPS12V power connector. I hope the other two +12 lines are for the video cards :eek:

I absolutely love the way Intel designs its motherboards. :) What you see right there is engineering at its best. Just look at that beefy chipset heatsink! :eek: No crappy little fan that will die a month later. And that MOSFET heatsink! Absolute beauty! :D My hat is off for Intel, seriously, this motherboard is a nice piece of work. :cool:

why would u want to buy this motherboard, its overpriced and not as powerful as a AMD SLI motherboard!!!

The reason it needs a huge heatsink is because everything Intel runs hot!

You are entitled to your opinion.
It runs cool and is silent, who cares how big it is?
I'm moving from Venice to Presler as soon as it comes out.

A few other things about Intel Motherboards IMHO:

1. They designed the CPU

2. They designed the chipset

3. They designed the CPU socket

4. They are the ones that approved / helped design almost every tech on the board (SATA, PCI Express, etc.).

5. Their boards are simple for the most part. No extra bells and whistles that you will never use.

6. Stability!

7. I am a fan of their BIOS updates, driver updates, documentation availability, etc.

8. Yeah they may be slower in gaming, but did I say stability!? How about compatability since they are in bed with Microsoft!? LOL

mjz_5 said:
why would u want to buy this motherboard, its overpriced and not as powerful as a AMD SLI motherboard!!!

The reason it needs a huge heatsink is because everything Intel runs hot!

It's clear that you know nothing about Intel so put a sock in it.

The Doc said:
It's clear that you know nothing about Intel so put a sock in it.
yah, that was a trolling post. as for intel motherboards, i have one in my gateway and i love it, i bent some mosfet or something and just bent it back up lol. stability is great, as for bios updates, i haven't checked in awhile so maybe there's something new :D

neubspeed said:
I heard you can't overclock with the Intel branded motherboards, is this true?

That is correct. Intel doesn't provide a lot of, if any, overclocking controls (maybe some stuff like memory timings, but not the real stuff like full on FSB/voltage). They don't want their users running amok and getting unbootable computers or stuff.

If you want overclocking controls, wait for boards from companies like Abit or Asus.

From what I have seen, most overclockers do not use Intel CPUs. If they do, they definitely do not use Intel Motherboards! ;)

mike_j_johnson said:
A few other things about Intel Motherboards IMHO:

1. They designed the CPU

2. They designed the chipset

3. They designed the CPU socket

4. They are the ones that approved / helped design almost every tech on the board (SATA, PCI Express, etc.).

5. Their boards are simple for the most part. No extra bells and whistles that you will never use.

6. Stability!

7. I am a fan of their BIOS updates, driver updates, documentation availability, etc.

8. Yeah they may be slower in gaming, but did I say stability!? How about compatability since they are in bed with Microsoft!? LOL
So true. :) Say what you want about Intel, but when it comes to problem-free operation and stability, Intel is King. In another forum I frequent (which shall remain nameless to protect the innocent), there are so many people with so many problems with their AMD setups, that I really wonder if it's user error or something else...:eek: This is especially true when it comes to BitTorrent usage and networking in general. I feel bad for these poor suckers... :(

mike_j_johnson said:
From what I have seen, most overclockers do not use Intel CPUs. If they do, they definitely do not use Intel Motherboards! ;)

That may have been true in the past, but it looks like the new D975XBX "Badaxe" board has all the necessary knobs to turn.
http://www.hothardware.com/articleimages/item758/big_bios_2.jpg

The full review is here: http://www.hothardware.com/viewarticle.aspx?articleid=758&cid=1

If this board is engineered like their normal boards, it should be very stable. Add overclocking, and it should be the best board out there. I hope Kyle does a review of the board itself. It looks like it'll be a contender.

That looks to be an awesome board. I can't wait to see the full voltages/fsb and tweaking it offers.

TheJackal said:
holy snapple!
d975xbxlg5uc.jpg

THE mobo for UNserver IV.

Runs cooler than most, can actually run using minimal cooling, overclockable, and can swallow any LGA775 CPU ever made, now or later. Even better, it has Genuine Intel Gigabit Ethernet Inside (not Marvell Yukon like earlier Intel Desktop Boards). And it can do ATI CrossFire now (and possibly nVidia SLi later?) which means the dual-GPU Fandango goes from *extremely expensive* to merely *expensive, but doable* once the X1900 Crossfire Edition boards ship (the *slave* will be the AIW X1900XL, or XT if one ever ships).

Unfortunately, it likely won't hit retail until the end of January (along with the Intel Pentium 4 955 Extreme Edition "Pyromaniac").

And *yes*, I will be buying processor and mainboard as a set.

mike_j_johnson said:

Because AMD's are cheap and this forum/XS is teeming with AMD fans left and right.

Too bad intel boards dont overclock, I wouldnt be surprised if this one didnt either. If intel included overclocking on THEIR OWN MOTHERBOARD, then why would they still not warranty overclocked chips from THEIR OWN BOARDS?

They wont have it...

breetai72 said:
That may have been true in the past, but it looks like the new D975XBX "Badaxe" board has all the necessary knobs to turn.
http://www.hothardware.com/articleimages/item758/big_bios_2.jpg

The full review is here: http://www.hothardware.com/viewarticle.aspx?articleid=758&cid=1

If this board is engineered like their normal boards, it should be very stable. Add overclocking, and it should be the best board out there. I hope Kyle does a review of the board itself. It looks like it'll be a contender.

Intel's "Burn In" mode is usually the FSB +4%

So, thats about all the overclocking you are going to get

jlbenedict said:
Intel's "Burn In" mode is usually the FSB +4%

So, thats about all the overclocking you are going to get

That was Intel's first go around at overclocking.

On the 975 mobo, its supposed to have everything you need, voltage adjustments, fine FSB adjustments, etc...

chrisf6969 said:
That was Intel's first go around at overclocking.

On the 975 mobo, its supposed to have everything you need, voltage adjustments, fine FSB adjustments, etc...
I thought the only "overclocking" options on this motherboard were multiplier adjustments, right?

I read in some Intel forum that this "Bad Axe" mobo is SUPPOSED TO ALLOW UP TO A 30% Overclock hey that's 900mhz on a 3.0ghz prossy. I think I will opt for an asus board but we'll just have to see who all releases these boards. I am kinda hoping Epox does.

WZ

If Intel allows more fine tune adjustments on their boards I will be the first one to buy one immediately. Intel makes pretty much the best chipsets around concerning stability with performance. I can't imagine having one it would be a dream come true.

WeldZilla said:
I read in some Intel forum that this "Bad Axe" mobo is SUPPOSED TO ALLOW UP TO A 30% Overclock hey that's 900mhz on a 3.0ghz prossy. I think I will opt for an asus board but we'll just have to see who all releases these boards. I am kinda hoping Epox does.

WZ
Weldzilla and others:

This is NOT some sort of fancy demonstrator of what can be done with the 975X chipset. This is a real live (and actually shipping) Genuine Intel Desktop Board (in the redesigned Extreme Series). The tweaking features are standard. The hyperadjustability is standard. Every feature you saw in the review at HotHardware is *standard*. You should be able to buy this masterwork wherever Intel motherboards are sold.

Humble_Magii said:
If Intel allows more fine tune adjustments on their boards I will be the first one to buy one immediately. Intel makes pretty much the best chipsets around concerning stability with performance. I can't imagine having one it would be a dream come true.

I'll be the second :)

Nice, now if it only had 8 SATA ports like the Asus board I might jump on it...

And why the hell would you need 8 SATA ports for? Even 1 is just fine for me... :p

Back