Intel CPU and nVidia card?

perplex

Gawd
Hi, someone just told me that Intel don't have good chipsets for Nvidia cards? is this true?

intel chipsets are typically seen as the best chipsets available...whoever told you that is an idiot, or just a fan-boy.

Was he talking about the Nforce SLI Intel Edition? If so, I do hear those are junk.

But if he said Intel doesnt have good chipsets, he is out of his mind. Intel has the best chipsets on the planet, doesnt matter what card you use.

OK thanks, he wasn't a fan_boy just a noob if he's wrong. He didn't mean Intel have bad chipsets, just chipsets that don't work well with Nvidia.

Well anyway, thanks for clearing it up.

In general Intel chipset have no problem with NVIDIA cards..or ATI's for that matter.
The problems lies in NVIDIA's nForce for Intel.
It not up-to-par with Intel's offerings IMHO.

This is why I always have gotten chipsets for Intel CPU's made by Intel...

Terra - I would like to se the possibility of SLI on Intel chipsets too...but that is up to NVIDIA.

Terra said:
In general Intel chipset have no problem with NVIDIA cards..or ATI's for that matter.
The problems lies in NVIDIA's nForce for Intel.
It not up-to-par with Intel's offerings IMHO.

This is why I always have gotten chipsets for Intel CPU's made by Intel...

Terra - I would like to se the possibility of SLI on Intel chipsets too...but that is up to NVIDIA.

Also on that note, I don't quite see why so many people don't like the NF4 Intel Edition. It's not quite as good as 945/955/975, but it still seems to be a pretty solid performer. I built a box for a friend using Asus' P5ND2-SLI and I had no issues with it...he's running a Pentium D 830 @ 3.4ghz on it and it's doing very well. Maybe I just had an exceptionally good experience, though, since I see lots of people saying it's a crap chipset. Why exactly do people not like it? Only real downside I can see is that unless you get the x16 version it can't take a presler.

Back