Anyone on hear with some experience with this chip...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116368&Tpk=Intel Core i7 K 875
It ranks 15 on the High CPUs on CPUbenchmark - http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html
From the reviews on Newegg, people seem to be pleased with this chip, and seem to be OC'ing them with ease, and still using air cool. I am in the market to purchase a budgeted workstation, which will be later phased out as a render manager/render node.
I figured, I would be able to Overclock this a bit, and get some longevity out of the processor.
The price/core and the ease of overclocking is very appealing, just wanted some [H] feedback before purchasing.
Thanks
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116368&Tpk=Intel Core i7 K 875
It ranks 15 on the High CPUs on CPUbenchmark - http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html
From the reviews on Newegg, people seem to be pleased with this chip, and seem to be OC'ing them with ease, and still using air cool. I am in the market to purchase a budgeted workstation, which will be later phased out as a render manager/render node.
I figured, I would be able to Overclock this a bit, and get some longevity out of the processor.
The price/core and the ease of overclocking is very appealing, just wanted some [H] feedback before purchasing.
Thanks