Intel Core i7 4770K "Haswell" Benchmarks On Ubuntu

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you want to know how well Intel's Core i7 4770K runs Ubuntu Linux, all you alternative OS types should read this review over at Phoronix.

While Intel Haswell is a beast and brings many new features and innovations to the new Core CPUs succeeding Ivy Bridge, there were a few shortcomings with the initial Linux support. It still appears that the Core i7 4770K is still being finicky at times for both the processor and graphics, but in this article are the first benchmarks. Up today are benchmarks of the Intel Core i7 4770K when running Ubuntu 13.04 with the Linux 3.10 kernel."

Looks like the scheduler in Linux needs as much help for the new i7 4770K as Windows 8's scheduler needs improvements for the new AMD chips. Or the new Intel chip needs help overall. It was getting beat by the i7 2500K in some of the tests!

To bad the series 8 chipsets "C1" stepping have the issue with devices connected to USB3 ports disappearing after sleeping. "C2" wont be out until July.

Any idea if this MB has a 3rd party usb to get around this issue?

To bad the series 8 chipsets "C1" stepping have the issue with devices connected to USB3 ports disappearing after sleeping. "C2" wont be out until July.

Any idea if this MB has a 3rd party usb to get around this issue?

From the little I've read about the issue, it doesn't seem like you should really be concerned about it. All the right hardware and driver pieces have to fall in the right place, and the computer has to be resuming from a specific, or a couple of specific, sleep states. It doesn't just disappear in the middle of using it.

Back