Intel Core i3-2120K : Another nail in Bulldozer's coffin...?

meh, most sales of CPUs are by big vendors who in turn sell to the consumer, not by enthusiasts who build their own systems. Nintendo is using AMD as the graphics processor in their Wii U, so they will be around. No person with intelligence wants the competition to die, but I won't be purchasing their parts.. I haven't decided if I will trade up to socket 2011 or not yet, gonna wait for the dust to settle.

I kinda meant the "coffin" in enthusiast, price/performance, OC the f****k out of this thing, community... AMD has really disappointed many people like that, even their own hardest hard-core loyalists... SB is wanted by many that simply have no funds for it now... Bringing the level of performance that SB architecture offers, at such a low price, with so much headroom for OC-ing, they'll jump right in - with both feet... I got i7-870 with 4 cores/8-threads, OC-ed to 3.6Ghz and I'm mehhhhh at this point. I'm sure I'd have more fun getting the 2120K to 5Ghz ....;)

DUDE!! Was planning to replace my Phenom II 940 @ 3.4 Ghz with an FX-4100...then after the disaster of performance was gonna stick with the 940 a bit longer, but with an i3 unlocked processor, it looks like AMD lost another sale!

Well if its 140 Pounds Sterling than its 220$ US.hopefully that will be lower :)

Article says 140 Euro... The table shows $150 (US)... At places like Microcenter this will have to fit somewhere between $99 i3-2100 and $149 i5-2400 they currently sell... It's gonna be a steal...

Last edited:
This was rumored back in May, it was a typo in an article and what was released at the time was the I3 2120

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?271794-Core-i3-2120K

I don't know why the link in the OP has been updated with tomorrows date, here's the same chart back from May 19

http://motherboardnews.com/2011/05/19/details-on-intels-unlocked-core-i3-2120k-cpu-leaked/

Lots of info on this K chip on the net, but not one word from Intel. There is no I3 K chip

BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/still hopes there is i3 K...:rolleyes:

When talking about price, I believe it will fall between the i3 2105 and the i5 2400 right? Microcenter does not carry the 2105 though. So i'm guessing between $139 and $180 right?

I will be buying one of these, I need a new power bench rig that can handle it's own in games and what now.

i3-21XXK model sounds like a great option. Hope Intel builds it.

Back